Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Czech guy in Australia

chrasjir

Country Flag
czech_republic
Hi everyone,

my name is Jiri and originally I am from the Czech Republic, which is the small country in the middle of Europe. My Australian home is in Melbourne.
I have been in Australia for 13 months so, please excuse my English which is not perfect...:)

I have bought HJ 75, from 1988, Troopcarrier with 350k km on the gauge.

Nowadays it is almost in stock condition just 15" rims with 31" Kumho Road Venture AT.
My vision for the future is transforming this troopy into an overland vehicle for my girlfriend and myself for trips around Victoria and further into Australia.

Thanks for accepting me into your community and have a good day.
Jiri

Hello Jiri, that sounds like a great truck, can we have pictures and tell us about what you are planning to do to upgrade it. Not many troop carriers in uk unfortunately.
Would love a 40 series troopy.

Hi Jiri, welcome aboard!

Your English is just fine mate, so don’t worry yourself, but I’m looking out for some photos of the troopy...

Welcome Jiri. :thumbup:

Where abouts in Melbourne are you?

I'm about to move back, heading to the Eastern Suburbs around Bayswater/Boronia. :icon-biggrin:

Hey Jiri

Welcome to the best LC place on the internet. Ben beat me to it, where in Melb are you?

I used to live in Boronia! :laughing:

Sorry guys for a later reply...
Shortly we live in Kilsyth so pretty close to Boronia. :)

What I want to upgrade is snorkel, and then whole technical condition of this truck. It is in good condition for its age but some parts like bushes etc. are a bit worn... But everything has own time.:)

Here are few pictures:

DSC02679.JPG DSC02766.JPG DSC02801.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very nice.

Get yourself over to Croydon and go to Kofi Beans for amazing coffee and hot chocolate.

Croydon Camera House is a great place for photography stuff, and don't forget Piranha in Boronia for all of you 4x4 gear.

Also there's Outback Automotive in Ferntree Gully that does suspension, tyres, etc.

Thanks a lot for tips.
I didn't write before. I work as a mechanic in Isuzu dealership, I need just to buy a goods and labour is on me.

Because I have my cruiser just a couple of months and I didn't have my tools here in Australia, etc. I don't have a lot of experiences with those trucks but I can write about another thing which could be interesting for someone here.
Back in Czech, I have another 4WD vehicle, unfortunately, unfinished.
I know, it is not a cruiser, it is not Toyota neither but it is a 4WD.
This car is Volkswagen Transporter 3. generation. It is 1990 year of build, has 2,1 l, petrol boxer engine, rear diff lock, double sliding door, pop-top roof tent.
It is after new paint, new stainless steel exhaust just re-install the wiring body panels (door, windows,...)
Here are few pictures from restoration.
If you think it doesn't belong here, my apologies then and I will keep focus only on my Cruiser here..:)

20141206_115740.jpg 20151212_163828.jpg DSC01276.JPG 20160506_182431.jpg 20160904_152307.jpg

Nice 70 and VW! :icon-cool:

Kilsyth is also home to a TJM store and the global headquarters of ARB! :icon-twisted:

Very nice.

Get yourself over to Croydon and go to Kofi Beans for amazing coffee and hot chocolate.

Croydon Camera House is a great place for photography stuff, and don't forget Piranha in Boronia for all of you 4x4 gear.

Also there's Outback Automotive in Ferntree Gully that does suspension, tyres, etc.

My new house is in Croydon. Seems like a nice suburb. :icon-biggrin:

Nice 70 and VW! :icon-cool:

Kilsyth is also home to a TJM store and the global headquarters of ARB! :icon-twisted:

My new house is in Croydon. Seems like a nice suburb. :icon-biggrin:

Yes, ARB is about 5 mins driving from my home.
I would say all eastern suburbs are nice. You can see Mt. Dandenong etc...

Back