Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

d-4d fuel lines

Danny b

Country Flag
uk
While under the LC today I noticed my fuel lines are very rusty going up the bulkhead area, does anyone have a part number or and any details to remake the lines, looks like there is a join above transfer box area so don't need to go front to tank.

I remade a small section of the fuel line with some similar ID copper line. I simply cut the rotten section out and then shaped the copper line to match it and stuck it in. I used piece hose to join the two sections as I didn't do the complete line. Reckon doing this will be a lot cheaper than buying a oem line but you never know..

Will have a look for pipe then, think its 10mm. Do you know what pressure they run at?

hmm good question. I'm not sure how the fuel system is on the D4D lump, but on the KZ, the feed line is under very little pressure as the fuel pump itself draws the fuel. If this is the same kind of setup on the D4D lump then it won't be a lot. However, if it has a in tank pump it would be under more pressure. Maybe someone else will be along to confirm...

No pump in the 120 fuel tank, so I'm guessing the D4D 90 will be the same.

Isuzu Troopers used to be prone to the fuel lines rusting through, and the one I owned did exactly that. The usual practice was to replace the delivery and return lines with rubber fuel hose. I did pretty much the full length of my lines. Miles cheaper, guaranteed not to rust again, and also guaranteed to be suitable for fuel and not leak. It's other advantage was that it is easy to route (no awkward corners). It is best fixed in place with proper clips, but I must confess that I (and no doubt lots of other owners) were happy to cable tie it to the existing redundant metal lines...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok further investigation.... it's the two pipes that run along drivers side, look to come out from inside the body below rear seats. What are they? Breathers?

IMAG1803.jpg IMAG1802.jpg IMAG1801.jpg IMAG1799.jpg

Those lines are for the rear matrix heater. That makes more sense as these are more common of failing before the fuel lines.

Easy to replace with a whole piece of rubber coolant hose. I actually blanked them off completely as a temp fix and never got round to actually doing it. Being in Florida, rear heat is not needed one bit. If you do use hoses instead of metal lines, make sure to route them careful as they're pretty close to the down pipe/exhaust system.

Back