Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

‘D’ light on the dash not illuminating.

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
The ‘D’ light on my dash isn’t illuminating. The rest of the auto lights (P, R, etc) are all illuminating when selected. Am I right to assume that it’s a bulb, and if it is, how difficult is it to replace. Or, is there another reason for the light to be out. Thanks in advance folks.

Last edited:
Same as mine it will be a bulb. Either T3, T5 or T10 type. I've bought a selection and am planning to pull out the dash to replace all the bulbs with LED ones.

Mines been out for a while and when I have to take the dash apart then I will replace the bulbs with new leds but for the sake of one bulb I'm not that worried

As said above much nicer not having it glaring at you when driving at night.

The D light seems to the most common one to blow because I assume it's the bulb with most usage. Replacing with LEDs should help.

Probably the same bulb as fitted to the 90 series dash.
I had exactly the same issue with the Collie, finding the right bulb isn't easy so got a couple from the dealer parts dept, not a stock item.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Congratulations on the D-light mod. Some people just put a piece of black tape over the D light, but your solution is better.

Got to retract one of my earlier comments. Some of the LED replacements are not a good fit so I changed all my bulbs back to the original. Got them from Halfords, Type 286 (Bulb only) and 509T (Bulb plus the holder). Now they all work perfect. The 'D' isn't bright even in the night it's 1.2w some of the LED versions are 2.3w

Back