Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

D Light - what bulbs

EvilEd

Looking to replace the D light in the dash and wondered at putting LED bulbs in there ?

I see it's a "sub Minature 12v" bulb and that the yellow ones are needed for brightness. is that going to cause me an issue with looking at LEDs?

I would replace all of them in one go, not just the D one :)

And can anyone point me to this "sub Miniature" bulb on one of the following sites (not neccesarily buying from them, but trying to know what bulb to get before ripping the dash apart)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2F1157.htm

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/automotive-bulbs-c-101.html

or are these them ?
http://www.discountelectronicsstore.co. ... bmin-blue/

If so, is there room for an LED and 10k resistor in there ? (bugger, just thought, is it still a 10k resistor with and LED to make it 12v ? not done any electronics for about 15 years!!! :shock: )

EE

I've read recently of someone on here who's blinged his cab up with LEDs but I can't remember who or if it was an auto or manual :think:

Nick.

My D light is also out, but I prefer it that way for night driving.

honest, it's not bling :)

Having had to change the bulbs in both the Shoggy and Pajero, and chickened out of the first Lexus, just figured sensible to put something long lasting in there instead as I should have her for a few years I hope.

Also watching the internal LED light thread with interest as quite often end up sitting in the car eating, working or just waiting for the youngest to finish footy etc.

If I take the dash apart, I'll change all the bulbs to be safe anyway :) My hands are still recovering from removing the rear trim to fit the body lift. everytime I remove trim I seem to gain lots of little cuts :doh:

I just hate having bits not working.... I have next week off and can't go far due to the puppy (that's now larger than a labrador) being restricted on how far it can walk before it's knackered. So planning jobs to do to keep me quiet :)

By the way, it'll rain all next week :twisted: Down south anyway....

it was the two rear bolts, I had to pull the plastic side trims back in the boot to get to replace the bolts.... should've undone them more, but never figured they would be as sharp as they were. I ended up on that end after the edge cut the youngests hand trying to hold the ratched on the top of the bolt :) Had to let him loose with the impact gun in the end :shock: What's worse is knowing that in another couple of hundred miles I need to re-check them all :)

you have to remove the door step trims front and back, the kick panel at the front and slide the panel in the middle up to get to the 3 along each side. but they didn't seem to bite like the boot ones did :) All in, it was very straightforward. far easier than the Jeep where I had to fit 1" lift engine mounts as well as the transfer case lever mount. Toyota even give you a removable panel for the fan to move down :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They come from Maplins.

Chris

Back