Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

D4d doesn't start so good after an oil change

Olafs

Country Flag
latvia
Hey guys!
I just changed an oil, oil filter and fuel filter for my 2000 3.0td d4d (450000km) prado and I am facing pretty weird problem.
Before changes it started up right after 1-2 sec of cranking whether it is cold or in work temperature, but after oil change it takes much longer now( about 3-4sec). I poured in gastrol gtx 5w30 oil .
This is the first time in my life that something like this happens and I really have no idea what could it possibly be.
any thoughts?
Thanks, have a great day!

Hey guys!
I just changed an oil, oil filter and fuel filter for my 2000 3.0td d4d (450000km) prado and I am facing pretty weird problem.
Before changes it started up right after 1-2 sec of cranking whether it is cold or in work temperature, but after oil change it takes much longer now( about 3-4sec). I poured in gastrol gtx 5w30 oil .
This is the first time in my life that something like this happens and I really have no idea what could it possibly be.
any thoughts?
Thanks, have a great day!
I guess the problem can only lie with the fuel filter, if that's all you've done.. Next time you go to start it, Try pumping the primer first till its hard, then try it see if there's any difference... PS does it run ok once its up and running ?

I would have thought nothing to do with the oil or filter. Was it a Toyota filter?

I guess the problem can only lie with the fuel filter, if that's all you've done.. Next time you go to start it, Try pumping the primer first till its hard, then try it see if there's any difference... PS does it run ok once its up and running ?
Hey! Thanks for a reply!
When it starts up it runs like it should, no issues regarding that.
Well, I just tried to pump it up and it actually went out pretty good. Right now it starts right away. But I noticed a small leakage in the bottom of the filter( drain hole). Will fix it and update you guys tomorrow.:)

Hi Olaf, looks like you’ve found the issue. Possibly knocked the fuel filter drain when changing the filter? Who knows.
FYI the general opinion is to use genuine toyota filters. It’s been shown independently that they are the very best that can be had with far more filter media in them than anything else and a bypass filter.
Hope your problem is fixed or soon sorted. It was probably pulling in air from the leak and letting the fuel drain back.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like a result... Good luck:thumbup:

Hey guys!
So i tightened it up and now it goes like a dream again!
Thank you guys for quick responses and have a great day!

Back