Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Damp patch inside!? windscreen ideas..?

Matt Wright

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
His guys

There's a damp patch inside? my windscreen at the lower right side where the driver sits. It's been there since I got the truck
Given that I have 3 chips on the windscreen too, is the best plan to replace the windscreen (I have insurance) or have the chips fixed and the damp?

Ideas welcomed.. Thanks

[attachment=0:12fr7sui]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340027763.289254.jpg[/attachment:12fr7sui]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340027763.289254.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340027763.289254.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 268
Damp patches not being my speciality :oops: :whistle: it looks to me as though moisture has got itself between the laminates of the screen and the polywhateveritis that they sandwich between the inner and outer glass has absorbed moisture and become opaque.

Maybe there's a glass expert that will give a much better explanation than me, but I would suggest that it's terminal and the glass needs replacing.

Question is what caused it. Maybe the screen surround seal is damaged and metal-to-glass contact has caused the contamination. Never seen this before. Inspection will require the glass to be removed anyway.

Good luck!

Matt, my guess is that water's causing that. Best thing is to take your truck somewhere really hot and sunny and it'll probably not happen again.

Yep pretty sure that's it.

Chris

I had the same thing happen on an old ax. Whether its an older type of laminate, who knows. I'd just get it replaced and forget about it for another 10 years :D

Thats de-lamination,aka as water has got between the two layers of glass,due to old age thats all,just get it replaced if you have the cover?

cheers Gary

Definitely delamination. I had a brand new screen fitted last year and it has gone the same way already. I spoke to my local glass supplier and he says its usually down to damage caused by poor storage, old age or transportation.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cool thanks for the confirmation guys. Plan a is get it replaced. Then plan b is ship it to Africa where it should remain dry! :p
The screen has 3 bad chips in it so it's definitely time to go!

Back