Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash Mat

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Guys,

With the advent of the heat here in Cyprus I've chosen to add some protection to my dash that have minor cracking.

Bought from Austrailia I'm very pleased with the fit & quality.

Only issue to note for me being the Auto light sensor on the dash not having the cut out available for the mat. This likely being JDM only I guess.

Time will tell how good it is but from a reputable brand of 30 years, I think I've got a good deal here.

IMG_5310.JPG IMG_5312.JPG IMG_5313.JPG

I'd like one of those but really for the 3.247 days of sunshine we get there in the UK it's not really worth it.

Congrats on having the new carpet fitted!

what does the auto light sensor do?

Congrats on having the new carpet fitted!

what does the auto light sensor do?

These are the only pictures I have to hand right now Mike.

There is a light sensor on the right hand dash side corner of the dash when selecting the Auto switch mode additionally on the stalk the lights when becoming dark turn on by themselves.

Quite handy for a old girl really ..... haha

Thanks

IMG_5319.JPG IMG_5193.JPG

Last edited:
I'd like one of those but really for the 3.247 days of sunshine we get there in the UK it's not really worth it.

I hear there's another heat wave more often than not now days in the UK Chris so might be handy only cost around £50 with delivery & taxes.

Also might come in handy with others who do travel abroad in warmer climates.

Thanks

Last edited:
Nice one Dervis, I've been lucky with my dash not cracking in 22 years, but the potential is there.

We've had steady high 30s for a few weeks now since the beginning of June and 40+ is on the cards... so they say...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
These are the only pictures I have to hand right now Mike.

There is a light sensor on the right hand dash side corner of the dash when selecting the Auto switch mode additionally on the stalk the lights when becoming dark turn on by themselves.

Quite handy for a old girl really ..... haha

Thanks

View attachment 130293 View attachment 130294
i never knew that was available.

One problem i have during trips is the dash reflecting in the windscreen. I ignore the reflections while driving but they show up in photos i take through the windscreen - to be clear, always while stationary. I use a black towel to reduce them but this keeps sliding about. I suppose a black dashmat would help. Or maybe i shouldnt be so lazy and get out of the vehicle to take photos...

I have one with extra pockets for your stuff. It helps as you don't need anything in you pockets while driving and saves putting you wallet in the side pockets and looking it.

I like dash mats, they work well..... I have one in both my Troopy and 80.

Back