Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Defecting from Toyota

silvercruiser

Hi All

as most of you know i have been looking for a newer LC for a while and have looked at a few dogs.
My uncle has just placed an order with audi for a new SQ5 and has offered me his Touareg R50 for the price they offered him for PX
he has owned it from new and its been serviced by the main dealer through its life.

The LC has been the best car i have ever owned and i hope the Touareg comes somewhere close. Just waiting for a delivery date on the Audi and i can have it.:icon-biggrin:

This is the same as my uncles beast V10 350BHP and probably single digit MPG:lol:
touareg.jpg

Last edited:
From my experience knowing a Tuareg owner, you won't be too disappointed with it if your main use is for a big car predominantly used on asphalt.

Although well capable of light offroad, they don't have the abilities of a LC but that may not be an issue for you Joe.

I've ridden as a passenger in my colleagues Tuareg many times, it's comfortable, goes well and has lots of toys.

It's always a sad time losing a LC enthusiast, but time will tell :icon-wink:

they do ride well with the airbag suspension. i do only use the car for roadways now. the last time my LC went off road properly was at a LC weekend. for me its more of a weekend/family mobile as im in the work van all week.

The Touareg has pretty much all the extras fitted too. so my daughter will like the DVD screen in the back and the rear heated seats. and if i dont get on with it i can always buy another LC if you let me back in the Club:whistle:

Enjoy the ToeRag - if I was in the market for a road-based SUV that would be top of my list...

If you ever need to cross a ford, or flooded road beware the air intake is behind the front grill quite low. Never owned one but I'm not keen on VAG vehicles, not their looks or how they drive but their engines and working on them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's a good point jb, so many cars these days draw from way down even lower than that. I rescued a car from water up to its sills and that had a straw in the water for an air intake. Crazy!

R50 are 5.0 V10 TDIs. Awesome engine - somewhere around 600+ lbft of torque. Very envious I must admit.

However, not wishing to rain on your parade, I would invest in a gold standard warranty just in case. :icon-wink:

If you ever need to cross a ford, or flooded road beware the air intake is behind the front grill quite low. Never owned one but I'm not keen on VAG vehicles, not their looks or how they drive but their engines and working on them.

Im with you there. i will be looking to see if a modification can be made just incase. i think i read somewhere that its about a 30hour job to get the v10 engine out if needed.
so i do hope im not in that situation.

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] not envious at all…no.

I like the r50. Drove it around timisuara and did an excursion brno and back. Drives nice on the tarmac and wasent too bad on the rough rural bits around brno either. Enjoy it, but dont stop looking for the 120/150. The LC, even just on the road, just feels like a better overall vehicle. Even at half the BHP!

Not sure yet, the wife is looking to see if she can afford to run it round town as its better for the dogs than her aygo but its pretty crap on fuel around town. she only fills her aygo up every three weeks for £30.00 and i reckon she will fill the collie up every two weeks but it will cost her around £80. also the tax is more too. if i had room on the drive i would keep it but i havnt:icon-cry:

if the wife decides its to costly to run i will have to sell the LC.

I like the r50. Drove it around timisuara and did an excursion brno and back. Drives nice on the tarmac and wasent too bad on the rough rural bits around brno either. Enjoy it, but dont stop looking for the 120/150. The LC, even just on the road, just feels like a better overall vehicle. Even at half the BHP!

thats the beauty of getting the R50 for trade in price. if i do find the perfect LC, i should be able to sell the R50 without a loss. Assuming i dont fall in love with the beast that is:icon-twisted:

They can be had for not a lot of cash considering the spec and the the cost of a new one. Great engine. Like any vehicle they can have problems but repair bills can be biblical. If you haven't already, have a look on the forums for issues and running costs. You don't say if it's a auto or manual but a clutch change is an engine out job apparently. You obviously know it's history so if you're certain it's a good one and you really want it then go for it but, in your shoes, I would purchase a comprehensive warranty no matter how much it costs. JMO

Last edited:
Never seen that but that is seriously impressive!!

Back