Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dehumidifier

flint

Supporter
After much umming and aahing I decided to lash out on a dehumidifier to use in the house (old, stone built) as the windows (d/g) were getting a bit of condensation on a cold morning. It did the trick, sucked out a couple of litres from the air and the rooms involved felt better to be in. I thought it would be interesting to put it in the 80 overnight, no noticeable leaks but a bit of screen misting some mornings. After about 12 hours, over a litre and a half had collected in the dehumidifier tank which I wasn't expecting. I used a thin extension past a door seal and made sure all windows and vents etc. were shut, so most of that must have been from the interior. I got a dessicant machine (Maeco) so not too much leccy used and will work in lower temperatures than a compressor type, seems to work well.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I would think it would suck even more out of my old bus. It's sitting in barn on the moors. It needs a super summer, parked with the doors open for a week.

Got to be good for it; getting all that moisture out of all of the hidden traps behind the panels.

I keep a couple of these.....Moisture trap.....in the LC permanently. They last 2-3 weeks before needing a recharge. I also like to use the AC now and again when driving on cold damp Winter days which keeps the windows clear.

I put the dehumidifier in the 80, had a leak into the boot (clips on the trims below the sliding wimdows) dried the carpet out nicely and removed a lot of moisture. It normally doesn't mist up so knew had an issue.

Its not used daily, I tend to leave the air con on when driving.

I kept a few Unibond 360's in the truck for the last couple winters to keep moisture at bay. They collected a good few litres over the winter. Not sure how much difference it actually makes, but my thinking was it certainly can't hurt to keep the moisture levels down.

Wow i almost never shut windows while driving i bet just the seats and carpet hold several buckets of damp :|

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back