Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Deleting the facelift nav and radio (rolling back the years...)

sim303

Country Flag
uk
Hi

Some day I can see myself finding a really clean facelift 100 (I currently have a pre-facelift 2002 - I've done a lot to bring it up to scratch but it's had a hard life before me and the dreaded tin worm may eventually get the best of it). But the one thing that puts me off the newer models is the integrated and very dated nav screen.

Reading around, I haven't seen much positive chatter about the prospects of upgrading the stereo and nav, but here's a question - could the entire centre dash (screen, controls, clock, radio) be "downgraded" to the pre-facelift design, the one with normal DIN radio, chunky climate knobs etc? The hole in the dash is the same, and the climate anciliaries that the controls actually control are presumably the same. At some point down the line the main loom in the dash could be similar?

Thoughts?

sim

TBF Sim you get used to it, I've not long back bought a 2004 100 series and it was the only aspect of it I wasn't keen on but you learn it and tolerate it. The satnav I don't use as its so out of date ( but it will get you there) but so far everything works so hey ho.
there is a thread recently on here where the complete console is replaced with the "Tesla" style dash and that seemed painless.

And, there are facelift versions without the navi. They're just not that common.
The 98-02 heater controls are anyhow much better than the 03-07 controls on the non-navi.

TBF Sim you get used to it, I've not long back bought a 2004 100 series and it was the only aspect of it I wasn't keen on but you learn it and tolerate it. The satnav I don't use as its so out of date ( but it will get you there) but so far everything works so hey ho.
there is a thread recently on here where the complete console is replaced with the "Tesla" style dash and that seemed painless.
I've used my OEM sat nav in my 2004 100 all over Europe and Scotland with no probs whatsoever (probably jinxed it now, so i'm touching wood as I type) it's also very easy to upgrade the sat nav in the 100, if mine ever gives up the ghost then it looks like the 'Tesla style screen' is the way to go.

Nikola Tesla, a great, great man, highly underrated.

Nikola Tesla, a great, great man, highly underrated.
I find it just a little ironic that the electric DC battery vehicle is named a Tesla, where Tesla was the inventor of Alternating Current and the Tesla runs on batteries (Direct Current).

I clearly need to get out more… :)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back