Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Delivery times from Amayama

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Anyone ordered from Amayama recently?

Check out shows, " Because of the global reduction of flights, please allow 2 to 6+ weeks delivery delays for your orders. Thank you for understanding. "

Part I want is showing delivery by Feb 21, which is about 2 weeks. Just wondered how accurate recent experience suggests that's likely to be?

I ordered some bits a few months ago and came in the normal time scale

I just tried to order new gutter rail strips for my Collie and got the same message. That on top of the shipping costs (Product £61 + £81 shipping) maybe I'll wait or see if I can repair as the strips are not essential :(

Stuff I ordered in February came in days. Ordered some bits in mid-July and still don’t have them. Got a partial refund last week as one bit not in stock, although it showed in stock when I bought it. Other bits still not despatched.

They tend to send a letter asking you to pay it before they deliver, unless you get lucky.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Rob Cowell did you have to pay extra customs&excise on delivery to UK?

On my last order, nothing. No VAT, no import duty. Which is clearly a slip up at HMRC, luck of the draw.

If your total cost is greater than (about) £100 you should expect to add 4.5% import duty. And VAT on the whole lot, including postage. And another £10 or so for the courier to process that lot. Expect that, then when occassionally when it doesn't happen it's a bonus.

They tend to send a letter asking you to pay it before they deliver, unless you get lucky.

Depends on the courier, in my experience. Some will bill after delivery. Assuming HMRC have even noticed the parcel arrive.

I got a bill, for ID & VAT, from DHL for some parts ordered from Canada, 3 months after I took delivery. I ignored it and got a final demand after another couple of months saying pay up or they'll start recovery proceedings. The upshot was I ended up paying about the same as I would have done buying them over here from the importer/dealer had they been in stock but they weren't which is I ordered them directly.

Always had the bill before hand for stuff from amayama, turbo from Holland the bioo came afterwards.

All depends who the carrier as to when you get the bill

Back