Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Did the 80 ever have a high level 3rd brake light?

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
As it says, i want to fit one on mine but would like to put a genuine one in if possible, was it ever factory fitted?

My 94 UK model has a high level brake light, but I do know that the previous owner installed it, he said its the same one as fitted to a 100 series. It looks like it should be there as apposed to an after market add on, that looks out of place.

Scott.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Scott said:
My 94 UK model has a high level brake light, but I do know that the previous owner installed it, he said its the same one as fitted to a 100 series. It looks like it should be there as apposed to an after market add on, that looks out of place.

Scott.
Whereabouts is the high level light sited? I've got a '94 UK model with no high level light :(
Chas

HI chas dont think the uk had them - my imports did, uk ones i have did not ( I think!!). it would be at the top of the back window - so on yours for the average motorist they would need a periscope to see it :?

adrianr said:
HI chas dont think the uk had them - my imports did, uk ones i have did not ( I think!!). it would be at the top of the back window - so on yours for the average motorist they would need a periscope to see it :?
Scott posted that his '94 UK had one, I've got one of those stick-on LED jobbies but I thought if there was an OEM one it would look better :cool:
Chas

Hi Chas

Scott did - but he said previous owner installed it and it was from a 100 series he thought.

Anyone out there with an import can you post some external and internal pics for Chas please?

Cossack said:
Whereabouts is the high level light sited? I've got a '94 UK model with no high level light :(
Chas

It's sited at the top of the top tailgate window, shining through the glass.

As I said earlier, it was fitted by the previous owner, who also owned a 100 series which had a high level brake light and he thought the 80 would benefit from one. So he decided to get one from Mr T and add it to the 80. It looks tidy and works very well.

So just to clarify, my 80 didn't leave the factory with the high level brake light, it was installed at a later date.

Cheers,

Scott.

How do you fix the third brake light? What causes the problem. Checked out the fuses, and fuse box under hood, no signs. Anyone have any ideas on what else should i check?

OEM Brush guard, Magnaflow 22" with Gibson pipes, PRG Mini-lift, Third Brake Lights, Cooper Discoverer S/T 35x12.50x17, Lund hood protector, Ventshade in-channel window visors, Bushwacker Extenda-flares, front window tint.

Hmmn I have a high level light on mine and pretty sure it's a UK model. 80 'Amazon'. Want pics etc?

amandrew325 said:
How do you fix the third brake light? What causes the problem. Checked out the fuses, and fuse box under hood, no signs. Anyone have any ideas on what else should i check?

OEM Brush guard, Magnaflow 22" with Gibson pipes, PRG Mini-lift, Third Brake Lights, Cooper Discoverer S/T 35x12.50x17, Lund hood protector, Ventshade in-channel window visors, Bushwacker Extenda-flares, front window tint.

The tailgate is prone to condensation on the metal, inside the plastic. Check the earth point in the tailgate or the one under the roof lining as it will probably be one of these at fault. Either that or the cable has broke in the bendy bit where the wire goes from the car into the tailgate itself.

Oh, and welcome to the site :D

3166179f86314b14a8eadf0c930a097d.jpg

6f20fbffaa6d4668be2e1b389c627027.jpg

0947bc68e58744a2867b35dce8b30be9.jpg

Let me know if you need more images - though not much to see without removing it.

whereisgibson said:
Hmmn I have a high level light on mine and pretty sure it's a UK model. 80 'Amazon'. Want pics etc?
Martin

Easiest way to check if import or not is your VIN number.
Mine starts HDJ81 with the one denoting Jap market. The whole number is 12 characters but on a UK spec it is either 15 or 17 characters, can't remember which.

Ecky Thump said:
whereisgibson said:
Martin

Easiest way to check if import or not is your VIN number.
Mine starts HDJ81 with the one denoting Jap market. The whole number is 12 characters but on a UK spec it is either 15 or 17 characters, can't remember which.

Ah cheers for that. Looking at the V5 I've got 17 characters: JT111TJ[10 numbers], first registered 1997. So looks to be a UK model?

Whether the old girl had this light from the factory is another matter - I'm the 7th owner!

Back