Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diesel filter change

Øyvind Sør

Country Flag
norway
Hello!

Going to change the fuel filter on the toyota for the first time, and i am wondering which hose is coming from the tank, and which is going to the pump.

I reckon Hose A is coming from the tank, and Hose B going to the pump.

Is this correct?

- Øyvind

Dieselfilter.PNG

Hi, the one going to the pump will cross to the engine. The one from the tank connects to a metal pipe that goes down under the truck.

I’m curious, why do you need to know when changing the fuel filter simply involves disconnecting the electrical connection to the float, unscrewing the filter cartridge, unscrewing the float from the base of the cartridge and reinstalling in reverse, prime and run? No pipes need to be disconnected.

Last edited:
I were under the impression that it is easier to disconnect the pipes to easier change the filter, and then only connect the tank side hose and prime, when diesel comes out re-connect the engine hose, and prime again. Or?

I've never needed to disconnect the hoses on mine, removing the airbox helps a little with clearance though

but from your picture your lhd so the airbox isn't in the way!

Okey, just change the filter and prime afterwards then.
I also noticed today that the drain hose, as you can see in front of the filter, has broke off, the plastic connecting the hose to the water warning sensor. But it is not leaking. Do you understand what i mean?
But the sensor itself is working, i think.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've never needed to disconnect the hoses on mine, removing the airbox helps a little with clearance though

I unbolt the filter housing to take it off instead .

Probably not but diesel is just light oil and it does no harm to spill some , i call it rust prevention ;)

Every time i change my fuel filter is like the first time , no set plan i just get the old off put a new one on and bleed .
IIRC -
Unplug the electric socket nearby
Unbolt the housing (2 nuts)
hang the housing back on the wrong bolt with a screwdriver in the other hole to jam it while i use my filter pliers
Once the filter is off unscrew the electrics from the bottom and put iy in the new filter .

I also noticed today that the drain hose, as you can see in front of the filter, has broke off

I'm not sure i understand this but if you mean the little white filter thing i always assumed it was where the air vented out when we bleed ?

I assumed that is where you drain the water, if you have water in the filter?

I assumed that is where you drain the water, if you have water in the filter?
Yes correct and you can drain diesel from the filter through it too. Maybe worth replacing from Amayama or Partsouq if it bothers you.

Back