Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diesel leaking while filling-up

DatBlokeDere

Country Flag
kenya
The other day I was filling my 120R and saw diesel dripping in significant amounts from the underside. I crawled under and it seemed to be coming from vents in the shielding which covers the tank itself. After filling-up and driving away, it quickly stopped dripping and no sign of leakage since.

Any ideas? Could it just have been foaming out of a vent pipe? Is there a vent pipe that vents down there?

Thanks

If you were in the UK I'd guess it was the filler pipe rotted, and fuel running down and dripping round the tank. Common enough for them to be fairly easy to get cheaper than from Toyota. Maybe things don't rust so much in Kenya?

Thanks, good suggestion. I will take a look at that. There's plenty of corrosion here at the Kenya coast where it is is hot, humid and salty.

I had this and my filler pipe was riddled with rust pinholes. not too difficult to replace with the main challenge being contorting the new one into place, and getting the rusty old bolts out.

Mine was pretty scabby looking so I changed it as a precaution, they are pretty cheap I got a new one from ebay £55

Back