Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff gear ratio.

Samdar

Country Flag
australia
Can anyone tell me the factory diff gear ratio for the 90 series landcruiser Prado rzj95r?

Hi - welcome to the forum. The ratio was either 4.300 or 4.100 depending on transmission and market. The VIN plate will tell you what axle you have (for example, mine is A02B). If you search on the forum, you’ll find a list showing ratio for each code. If I remember well, there were 4 axle variants for the 95 series.

There are more , If it survives there will be a sticker on the front diff tube saying R21 or similar or some such thing , memory fails me .

If you google it theres also a method of jacking the truck up and counting wheel revolutions allowing you to work out the ratio .

diggerdave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 18:34 Post subject: Front differential/diff codes R16, R17, R56, R57, R52?Reply with quote

I would like to replace my front differential, which is labelled R16 on the extension tube. I believe a 4.1:1 diff was fitted to vehicles like mine (manual diesel SWB with OE small 215/80/16 tyres and no wheelarch flares).

My questions are:

a) is it correct to say that R16 refers to the 4.1 ratio of my diff, so swapping an R16 for another R16 would be ok?

b) there are other codes out there. I believe R17 refers to the more common 4.3:1 ratio, BUT what do the labels R57, R57 and R27 (all of which are found on Colorado/90 series diffs) mean?

Does anyone have a definitive answer? R16 diffs are hard to find so need to know if I could swap another one

Cheers,

Dave

Back