Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dilemma! WTF!

sorry to hear this higgy.

have a chat with the fella, theres nowt worse than "site" gossip.

as grimbo said, when one door closes, quite often an other opens.

good luck with it mate.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike... All the folk on hard standing Liveaboards had built them selves small gardens around their boats All fenced off for privacy etc..... OOhh! Not anymore They were all being taken down yesterday.... 'Kinda' sad in a way... My Fate has not been sealed yet.. I have mixed feelings because half the people there needed moving on years ago...... The Marina has a nick name... "Where Folk and Boats, Come to Die"....

Update!!! Got to be out by April 1st.. New owner agreed to buy my Containers for what i paid for them (Bit of a Bonus).. Spent a grand this morning on a new Shed, Delivered and Erected... Van and 12v project going on ebay. Selling everything except for 240 hand tools and Welder...And going to retire gracefully in the shed with a T140 Bonneville .......... Keeping the 24v for prosperity and memories, and fetching stuff from the Garden centre.. Happy retirement to me :thumbup: ....Fuck 'em'

Well at least you know. Happy retirement. The 12v should attract plenty of attention but I'd try it on one or two facebook forums and save the commission.

Thanks Andy....The one thing i forgot to mention was, after the new owner and i sorted our differences... He asked me 'would i be prepared to come back and service, repair, the Boat lift, Crane, forklift, 360 etc when needed....'Erm'.... I wish i could have recorded my reply!... :wtf:

Wishing you well on your retirement Higgy, I wish I had done it much earlier.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds to me like a happy ending after years of just doing what you do because theres not much else to do and it will be good to turn a page . Have fun writing the next chapter :thumbup:

Mate of mine built like proverbial brick whotsit and tough as nails site foreman just turned his back on it all one day to become of all things a florist :icon-surprised:

No shop or anything he just needed something to do so turned his front garden into a botanical bloom and the last time i spoke to him he's the happiest he has ever been turning down or accepting "do my garden" job offers as and when he pleases .

Chuckling to myself remembering he once delivered a knockout punch to a love rival who thought being sat in a car that the windscreen might soften the blow :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about all this, Higgy. Sad that's its the end of an era and your time there, but I am sure you are going to find yourself as busy as ever with your own projects instead of somebody else's. Do you not have room to keep the 12v, that is a great project to have on the go. I used to say that the best thing I ever did was start working for myself, but it turned out not to be true. The best thing was retiring. The pension rolls in every month and I don't even have to get out of bed to earn it. Can't beat that! All my time now is taken up with my own selfish interests and pursuits and you can't beat that, either.

Years ago I met the guy who ran your marina at that time. He had a 42 foot Nelson called Caren Louise, after his wife, as I recall. Me and the Mrs spent a pleasant time with the two of them emptying their booze cupboard on board one night in Cowes. But he seemed a decent sort of bloke so I presume he must have handed over to your recently departed boss some time earlier.

Unfortunately Tel Boy we are talking about the same Bloke.... Barry field, And his wife Caren.... Sorry i didnt see that side of him.. And i spent many a day repairing the Nelson, Caren Louise........ Cant say anymore really...Talking about a third party when they are not present isn't fair...... Anyway best of luck to the Prick....... And yes a new chapter indeed, Looking forward to saying NO! for a change.. Thanks for all your encouraging words:thumbup:
'

Best of luck Higgy not every tin you open contains worms you just need to look for the one with orange coloured segments on it with natural fruit juice Pity everyone there could not pay the rent increases just to make life harder for the bloke Oh to see the look on his face if that could happen

Unfortunately Tel Boy we are talking about the same Bloke

Blimey, Higgy, that's a bit shocking. I guess I'm not a very good judge of character after all. I suppose it's the boating effect at work as well. You arrive in some sheltered haven after having stared into the jaws of death all day, tie up beside somebody who takes your ropes and the next thing is you are looking at a suddenly empty bottle of whisky, rummaging for the next one. In the relief of it all, the whole world is your friend. Something must have clouded my usually superb judgment! This sort of thing happens a bit too frequently in the boating lark.

Come April your time will be your own and your projects will expand to fill all of it. Just now it must seem a horrifying prospect, but I'm sure a few months later you will look back and appreciate the positive things that come from it.

Good luck, mate.
Tel.

Higgy,
Pretty sure in a years time you will be thinking that it's the best thing I've done and maybe should have done it sooner......
Good luck .....

No Worries Tel Boy.... The one thing he was good at was Bullshitting the Men and smooth talking the Ladies..... Anyway 'Nuff' said...

Bet your downsizing won't last very long with all that time on your hands ... Best of luck Higgy.

Thanks Jacob.... Something iv always wanted to do is Alu welding or stainless.... Might get my self set up doing that.... First things first 'Tho'

I‘ve just caught up with this thread Higgy, what a bummer.
Sorry you have to drop the 12V resto, but still, you have a change in direction and a plan now, all under your control.
The T 140 Bonneville project sounds interesting, is it good for a few photos?
Cheers mate...

Thanks Clive..... I think its all under control, I know i wont miss the Marina one Bit...Sheds not built yet, Iv got 2 months before i have to get out... Cant wait.... Hope your well mate?

Sure we all are Higgy, thanks.
Busy in work for the moment, well since September really, we have a lot on the go... one of the reasons I haven’t spent much time on the forum of late, sadly.
It’s wet, damp, foggy, sometimes cold, but not weather to tempt me out too much these days, roll on Springtime, I say :icon-biggrin:

Back