Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Direct video upload

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Having come onto this forum since the upgrade in a more direct way rather than through Tapatalk, there are a lot of differences, most of which I'm getting used to now.

The one thing I've found is that there doesn't seem to be a direct video upload feature, whereas it was just simple on TT. Now, I understand that videos take up huge amounts of space and that the likes of youtoob etc can host for free but my Luddite self just can't be bothered to go there, do this, link here etc.
Maybe it's just me in which case I'll just have to stew for a while before finally getting round to it and posting on youtoob or whatever else.
Does anyone else feel we need vids posting to be easier?

Apologies in advance to Crispin as I know you've been tearing a lot of hair out recently. I can wait.

Last edited:
Can you not add a video here? https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/media/add

The ability add all your videos and images is exactly why I added the gallery feature.

Let me know if you can't and I'll investigate.
Thanks Crispin, didn't really know much about that or understand why it was there.
Thanks, I will have a looksee. Apologies, as other members were suggesting youtoob and photowotsit it seemed there was no way of doing it on here.
:text-thankyoublue::bow-blue:

There are some limits on file size. I think 500MB is the biggest at the moment. When I move over to the new server then that will be raised to a couple of GB so should not be a problem.

To upload a video:
  1. Click on Media gallery on the top menu
  2. Click on Add Media
  3. Select an Album or create a new one (For new, just giving it a name is enough)
  4. Then you can upload images or videos or even embed your other videos from other sites like YT etc.

Shout if you get stuck

Look forward to seeing the vids :)

Thanks Crispin. I've managed to get to No3 but am stuck on No4, trying to remember what the video was I wanted to post…

Ahh…got it!
I'll see how I get on…

Ahh, now this is the problem I was having in the thread when I wanted to upload a video there…
It says 'embed a video' and then gives all manner of sites to link to. This is my point (unless of course I'm missing something which is highly likely), I cannot upload a video like I can upload a photo direct from my iPhone library, it shows all my photo libraries but not the video library when I select 'upload photo' but doesn't have the same option to upload from a local device (my iPhone) either direct into a thread or into the media gallery.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ok, so uploading to a gallery is just that - it's an album of stuff. You can put those into the post if you wanted to. There should be a button above where you type with a camera. Clicking on that shows all your items in the gallery which you can add to the post.

Not sure if I am being dump but I cannot see an upload video to a post. I'll check and get back.

image.png
image.png

Ok, this is what I get when I go to upload photos. The second shot is uploading video, nothing but a URL, and this is the same if I access this screen from the 'reply' pane or the 'add media' screen.

Also could not copy and paste (actually just paste) this text about in this reply. Some do, some don't.

Can you try again? Looks like it was actually disabled for you. :blush:

Can you try again? Looks like it was actually disabled for you. :blush:

For fun, I've just had a go at your 1 - 4 above Cris, and from my iPad, I get the option of uploading photos and when pressed it takes me to the locations of the file on my device.

It also gives me the option to upload a video, but when pressed it doesn't give me the device locations menu.

Am I disabled too? (Careful how you answer that one :lol:)

Reactions: Sag
Just tried it and get to the button that says 'upload video', I tap it, it acknowledges by changing colour but does nothing more.
Seems I'm not disabled any more, just slightly sick! :shifty:

Just tried it and get to the button that says 'upload video', I tap it, it acknowledges by changing colour but does nothing more.
Seems I'm not disabled any more, just slightly sick! :shifty:

The same, it goes from grey to red, but no menu like the photo button does.

image.png

Just had a little go myself, failed from the IPHONE to post a video either here or in the media gallery. Success in the media gallery but not here from the pc. It does mention Flash and we know how apple loves Flash. When trying to upload a video here ( in a post) it says wrong file type or similar. Yet the same file type is fine in the media gallery.

Sorry chaps - I got sidetracked with "work" stuff.

I'll work this out tomorrow and let you know. Pretty sure there is a way - I might have turned it off a while back for some reason.

Ok, so it looks like videos in posts are not supported - they do need to go into Gallery and then added into the post by using the Camera button.

@fbnss Thanks for trying. The flash uploader is actually disabled. Did your upload still work ok or was there a problem?

Thanks Crispin, alas it still does nothing but change button colour when I hit the upload button. :icon-cry:

@Crispin I couldn't upload a video from my phone at all. Ok from the computer to the media gallery though. I was just having a go, you tube method works fine for me.

Ah OK, so the option is there but on the iPhone it does not work?

If you if you click on upload a file you get the choice of
image.png
Go into photo library and on mine I get
image.png
No choice for video. If I click the video type button at the top of this speach box I get
image.png
So still no option just to upload a video from the library.
That's all for trying to stick a video in a post. If I try it in the media library the button is there but doesn't seem to work.
( sorry I keep editing this as I go along)
image.png

Last edited:
Back