Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dive bottle for on board air?

stumog

Country Flag
england
Does anyone on here use a dive bottle to pump up tyres and other jobs?

I need one for a air rifle but wondered if it would replace a compressor?

SHIT SHIT SHIT!

I had two S80's recently (6weeks) fail inspection and they were cut up!

Never gave on board air a thought! :angry-screaming:

This is your fault @stumog why did you not post up earlier? :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Sorry mate been thinking about it for ages. To be fair the bottles will still need to be in test to have them filled.

I was thinking of using spent CO2 fire extinguishers. But if I'm reading this right you need Dive pressure Air to power your air rifle?

I have a air rifle that takes 200 psi charge.

You can use a co2 fire extringisher if you just want to.pump up tyres.

My dad had a airhorn set up on a co2 fire extinguisher years ago. Worked amazing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No idea to be fair

It's my brothers that I have hopefully fixed but I have no way to blow up and test at the moment.

Will check and let you know

Having 2-300bar of compressed air in a bottle INSIDE the truck is IMHO not the bestest or most healthy thing to have come loose.....
Just saying....

I have seen the top come off such bottles, and it aint pretty.......

I agree the bottle will travel outside. On a special mount carried vertically I expect.

Lots of bottles get carried around in side cars. I had 4 in my landrover when it cought fire.

That was a brown trouser moment

Sorry mate been thinking about it for ages. To be fair the bottles will still need to be in test to have them filled.

Agreed if you are filling from a registered centre but, if you can get your own compressor you would be sorted.

Regards

Dave

Having 2-300bar of compressed air in a bottle INSIDE the truck is IMHO not the bestest or most healthy thing to have come loose.....
Just saying....

I have seen the top come off such bottles, and it aint pretty.......

TBH I have never seen a top come off one, had a leaky 'O' ring @ 40 metres but that's about it. Strap it down tight and it should be fine, the ranks are pretty tough.

I would love a Euro for the amount of times I see a diver pull up at the centre in his car and see a set rattling around in the boot.

Regards

Dave

Regards

Dave

Back