Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do these swivels look alright?

I spent a long time cleaning/ sanding my swivels on a donor axle to fit to mine.

Used a little hand held shot blaster and wire wheel on a drill to clean them up.

Mixed up some jb weld and spread evenly, left to dry for 24 hours, then sanded smooth and reapplied in a few areas till the whole sphere was smooth.

I put the axle in along with all the arms/ rods etc to be blasted and powder coated. I didn’t stipulate not to blast and paint the spheres, so I got it back and they’d been powder coated!

Rather than sand down to metal, I wet sanded the slight orange peel down to smooth then just left them. This way the non swept metal areas don’t start rusting again. So far so good, it’s a really hard durable paint.

You won't need a lathe. Just smooth off the shaft for any high ridges and fill the groove with whatever to support the speedi sleeve, sand to level surface and press sleeve on.

From memory diff oil should be changed every 30k miles. My front dif oil was polluted after 30k miles from brand new.

Back