Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does 265/70/17 BF/Goodrich A/T K02 fit standard rims on 2009 120. does the extra diameter affect mpg?

165 is not enough rubber to propel a 120 surely... 165 on the left, 265 on the right....

Screenshot_20210115-195211.jpg

165 beads won't even engage and inflate on a standard 120 rim will they.....?

Some go left, some go right...

20210116_103447.jpg

I'll get my coat ..

Is it me but just checked both Tyreleader and Camskills and both have a very limited range (in 265/75r16 or 275/70r16) compared to a few months ago?

You're right, I need two new BFG 265/70r17 for the front end (alignment problem led to inner wear) and I cant seem to find any at sensible price - I would even buy just one and rotate the unused spare with a part worn, but am struggling with size.

RoughTrax4x4.com are selling BFG265/70/17 ko2 for £178.74 at the moment thats about as cheap as you can get for KO2s at the moment .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok, so update.

Believe it or not, I've ordered a single tyre through asdatyres.co.uk at £150 plus vat fully fitted at bathwick tyres near me! £180 inc valve, balance etc.

I didnt know asda even sold tyres!

Perversely, its even cheaper to buy them for home delivery (£160 inc vat each)....but delivery is £80 so its chealer to get them fitted.

Im going to ask them to swap out the spare and other front tyre so I have two new tyres up front, then getting it booked in for 4wheel alignment at a garage who knows his stuff.

So, got the new one fitted and put unused spare on front as well.

Asda, well, there's got to be a catch hasnt there........but I can't find it! Tyre was new in week 32 of 20, so only a few months old, not old stock etc, and best price i couid find.

Guys at tyre company measured depth, 12mm on new and 7mm on rear (so 50,000miles on 5mm of wear!), which is outside of Toyota max 4mm difference, but in a clever Baldrick style plot, I bumped the rear pressure up to 40psi and kept front at 35psi (normally 36/38) which has increased rear tyre height by 3mm overall, this gets the difference down from 5mm to 3.5mm and prevents any wind up - noticeable on reversing on lock.

Next is to get the front steering alignment set up properly again.

Back