Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does anyone recognize this Nissan engine ?

I should add that marine power solutions claim only to use Kubota or Nissan and i can find neither of which resembling the 3.8 . My boat uses 3.8 Kubota .

Its a shame there's no plate on it with Date, Then you could cross reference with The List of Nissan Diesel Engines Going back as far as the 50's On Wikipedia... The actual Block could easily be a Early SD 3.3 patrol thats been modified..... The only Engine on Wikipedia is the UD 3.706 That was used in trucks and Buses. Made up until 1983..... Who Knows Mate :confusion-shrug:

Thanks Higgy , i've wasted hours on this and i'm no closer to the answer yet .

UD 3.7 is a 3 cylinder and the 4 cylinder nearly 5L .

Very strange but then marine engines are like that , my blocks are very clearly cast with V3300 , yet pistons and most other parts belong to the V3800 .

I need two in the very near future and the difference is nearly two for the price of one !

Last edited:
We had a 3.5 4 cylinder Nissan engine that we put in an old Range Rover.
It was an industrial engine and mainly used in compressors, forklifts etc.
I can’t remember the engine code.

They sell a number of engines , frustrating and confusing to see the lesser powered are 4l and the bracket i need 3l :think: nothing takes its toll on an engine like a commercial fishing boat but i'm only permitted to use disposable engines .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back