Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dogs name need help

Hemi

Country Flag
great_britain
Need help we have a new addition coming in four weeks Nero a five month old German shepherd the problem I have a two year old shepherd called Hero so it’s not going to work , and we can’t agree as a family cheers

Dog1 & Dog2?
Or
Old Dog & Young Dog?

Sorry I can't be more help - we've had various pets over the years, I can assure you that they do have "proper" names, however I still always just end up calling them "cat", "dog" or :thumbup: :p whatever!

Thanks Chadr really useful insight but may cause problems on recall , and once again thank you for taking time out of your day to help in me

Last edited:
My German Shepherd was called Rambo so named by the pound worker who ended up dating my uncle after convincing him to save it . I always felt he was a failed police dog such was his intelligence and character , strong as an ox but soft as s*** , I seen a different side to him only once when I had to break into my own house one moonless night and for 3 seconds he didn’t recognize who dropped into the backyard from a height :scared-eek:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Throughout my childhood we had several dogs, one at a time, some male and some female, different breeds, all had long happy lives with loads of outdoor adventures.
For some reason, we called them all “Bo” it didn’t signify anything, but as a name it’s as good as any, and they all responded well to the name.
see if that fits in the hat... :thumbup:

A friend named his dog 'sausages'... I have no idea why. I like giving dogs human names.. Frank or Charlie

Current dog is Merlin after the engine..... he's a rescue and not long after we got him we were in the west country camping...
You do get strange looks walking along the beach shouting "Merlin" on the beach at Tintagel at a nutty Collie .

Dogs seem to respond well to names with a hard S in them.A mate who was doing up a terraced house in the 70s called his dog bathroom , because of the lack of one in the place but regretted that when having to shout for the hound in the local park.

We had a GS called Sabre when I was a kid. Relatives have had GS's over the years named Major, Flint and Zak, all of which I thought were good names for them. Major especially was huge!

We had a couple of dogs that had Cars (Dad's influence) and Shakespere (Mum's influence) names;
Portia
Cleo

So, and staying with ....o theme, what about Prado? Or is it to close to Prada (which is the name of the in-law's Siamese cat....)

Thread brings a memory to mind of a mate called before the headmaster after a bit of a scrap in school

Tell us exactly what happened

I was walking down the corridor and Mad Dog shoved me so i ................ SMACK around the lug hole

I was walking down the corridor and Mad Dog shoved me so i...................SMACK around the lug hole

I was walking down the corridor and Mad Dog shoved me so i...................SMACK around the lug hole

If you stop f*&%&%%&%& hitting me i'm trying to !

Headmaster says there is nobody called Mad Dog in this school :laughing-rolling:

My aunt had numerous dogs throughout her married life and they were all called Bonzo. Now, at 102 years old and many years a widow, she will talk lovingly about Bonzo and we have absolutely no idea which dog she's talking about!

A mate who has always had dogs was having a particularly stressful time, got another dog. he wanted to call it Bollocks. He thought it would be a good stress reliever to call it in from the garden at night by standing on the doorstep and shouting "Bollocks!" Oddly his wife didn't agree.

Rodger

Gents many thanks for these as expected some of these won’t be going in the hat but keep them coming

Back