Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Doors auto locking

psyxologos

Hi all. Does anyone have any idea whether this is possible? Basically, to have the doors lock after the vehicle reaches a certain speed. In my BMW it is at 20mph. Many thanks!

Nope, not that I've seen. You can get them to lock when you put it in drive though. Speed sensitive would have been nice...

While in park, press and hold the button next to the Enter button (or is it the Enter button?, I'll have to check) on the right side of the steering wheel for 1 min, probably less but it always feels like ages before the menu appears by the speedometer. Once in the menu there are all kinds of goodies that can be changed.
I've got my doors locked based on speed and unlock when I stop and put the car in park.

While in park, press and hold the button next to the Enter button (or is it the Enter button?, I'll have to check) on the right side of the steering wheel for 1 min, probably less but it always feels like ages before the menu appears by the speedometer. Once in the menu there are all kinds of goodies that can be changed.
I've got my doors locked based on speed and unlock when I stop and put the car in park.

Many thanks for your answer. I am aware of the button, but I am not sure as to which setting to chose, and how to alter it in order to achieve this. Would it be at all possible for you to take a couple of pictures of the actual setting please?

I discovered in the manual a few weeks ago, you can find all the instructions with many other options, is near the end of the manual.
Mine closes at 30 km/hr

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That is what the owner's manual says. It does not mention anything for settting a speed. Any help is most welcome. Thanks

ena.jpg
free image uploader

On page 707 in the manual it has this info
Its very well hidden in the manual, you should be able to find it while searching for speed linked in the pdf

Screenshot_20170309_144236.png

On page 707 in the manual it has this info
Its very well hidden in the manual, you should be able to find it while searching for speed linked in the pdf

View attachment 123340

Speed linked door locking function and shift position linked door locking function cannot be found when I press the button on the steering wheel. Only shift position linked door unlocking function and driver's door linked door unlock function are there. So I guess I do not have it, unless I am doing something wrong and I cannot see it.

Speed linked door locking function and shift position linked door locking function cannot be found when I press the button on the steering wheel. Only shift position linked door unlocking function and driver's door linked door unlock function are there. So I guess I do not have it, unless I am doing something wrong and I cannot see it.
What is your model?

How weird, I just downloaded the latest manual for 2017 and you are right, the options aren't there anymore.
I wonder if Toyota removed them, have you called Toyota and ask them about it?

It would be rather stupid to remove such a basic setting on their part.

Here are the photos of the 2 I have set
IMG_20170309_170537.jpg

IMG_20170309_170631.jpg

How weird, I just downloaded the latest manual for 2017 and you are right, the options aren't there anymore.
I wonder if Toyota removed them, have you called Toyota and ask them about it?

It would be rather stupid to remove such a basic setting on their part.

Here are the photos of the 2 I have set
View attachment 123413
View attachment 123414

Indeed, this is very weird. Do you think they removed that from the menu so people have to pay Toyota to do it for them? Which department do you think I should contact? On their website they have numbers only for multimedia, insurance, roadside assistance and general inquiries. I don't think any single of them might be technical enough to know. Any help is mostly appreciated. I am determined to sort this out. LOL

I just called a dealership and wrote an email to 'general inquiries' at Toyota. The wait begins...

Still no news on this. I am wondering if there is a software difference between my vehicle and others. I have applied the latest software available from 'my toyota', could they have removed the speed locking option in this?

Back