Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dpf

georg

Country Flag
mauritania
My 2014 200 diesel V8 indicated that the dpf was full. I drove some 50km as suggested at high speed and even used the dpf switch once. The message didnt disappear. I went to my garage who checked on the Computer and found that one of the two dpf had been properly regenerated but the other not, because the twmperature in one of the exhauats never reached a sufficiently high level (>500° celsius) to burn the particles and regenerate the filter. Would appreciate advice on what to do. I use my LC in west africa where diesel is of the heavier quality which explains why the dpf is full so quickly; but normally the car should be able tp regenerate the filters on both exhauts. Any simiar exprience and solutions? Many thanks georg

My 2014 200 diesel V8 indicated that the dpf was full. I drove some 50km as suggested at high speed and even used the dpf switch once. The message didnt disappear. I went to my garage who checked on the Computer and found that one of the two dpf had been properly regenerated but the other not, because the twmperature in one of the exhauats never reached a sufficiently high level (>500° celsius) to burn the particles and regenerate the filter. Would appreciate advice on what to do. I use my LC in west africa where diesel is of the heavier quality which explains why the dpf is full so quickly; but normally the car should be able tp regenerate the filters on both exhauts. Any simiar exprience and solutions? Many thanks georg

I am having problems with my dpf too and have done several rounds of regeneration but with no luck. In the end, my mechanic poured some cleansing chemical and reset the system.

The message is gone but yet to see the end result.

Back