Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dreaded ABS, VSC, TRC lights. Please help

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
53C28A51-353A-4DF7-98A2-5C3DBBFF1242.jpeg

I’ve currently got these lights showing on my 2007 1KD-FTV LC120. So far I’ve checked brake lights and 10A ABS fuse. The shift lock seems fine so I doubt it’s the brake pedal switch. The lights are intermittent but on more than they are off. I can’t find any stored codes. If I’m braking when the lights go if I feel the ABS kick in.
Any advice on where I need to look next would really help. Ta.

What are you using to check for stored codes?
One of these.
VIDENT iAuto 702 Pro Diagnostic Car OBD2 Scanner, ABS&SRS System Diagnostic Tool, 10 OBDII Function Code Reader with DPF/EPB/Oil Light Reset/TPS/BRT/Injector Coding etc https://amzn.eu/d/eheEKce
I have another couple of different readers I can check with tomorrow. I don’t have Techstream.

Ah I wonder if that can pull codes from the ABS system? I'm wondering if there's an ABS fault then the other lights are on because of that...

Either way, can you get live data? Can you see the speed from each wheel sensor? Might give a clue if there's a dodgy sensor and you can't get a code.

Really need the code though... Hopefully one of your other readers will come up with something! Good luck

Ah I wonder if that can pull codes from the ABS system? I'm wondering if there's an ABS fault then the other lights are on because of that...

Either way, can you get live data? Can you see the speed from each wheel sensor? Might give a clue if there's a dodgy sensor and you can't get a code.

Really need the code though... Hopefully one of your other readers will come up with something! Good luck
Unfortunately neither of the scanners picked up any faults.

Although I don't think this is the answer a while ago I viewed a 120 in our village which when I got in had the same lights on the dash. I think the owner had dropped something on the centre diff lock switch or hill decent switch, I can't remember which so all I had to do was switch it off,
Again I don't think this will be the answer and stating the obvious but it cured it in the instance I found it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back