Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

drivetrain play

abia

Garage
Country Flag
greenland
Hello experts :wink:

i have now been driving my SWB 90 series 1kz-te manual transmission for about 2 months now, and it is the 11th and best car i have ever own. but there is something that bothers me, when i let off the gas pedal while driving there is a noticeable play from somewhere i cannot find. i can see the former owner has had the car in shop for replacing the u-joint. is there anything else that can couse this play?

it feels like when i let off the gas the play suddenly stops on something hard, i hope this is nothing to do with the transmission.

thank you for answer, the thing is i am currenlty away from the car and have not the opputonity to check it, because of the weather, where i am and the car is around -15 Celcius, so it is not fun to be working on it. but i will check the wishbone bushings, but i do not hear any up/down noise from suspession area on the wishbone bushing, is this normal on these vihecles?

Not normal no but these trucks are getting old so replacing drivetrain bushes is common practise . Lower wishbone is a bugger to diagnose , or mine were because they looked fine but i eventually worked out one side was sliding on its retaining pins just a quarter inch or so and tapping the frame .

Take a little time to read up on lower ball joint failure on these trucks as well .

FWIW I had my.lower wishbone bushes replaced, was about 3hrs labour each side. I think the steering rack has to come out to do it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back