Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Driving Lamps

perk423

Hi All

Wanting to fit some 9" driving lights to the front of my LC 100 (son bought them for birthday so they've got to go on ). Cant find any suitable mounting equipment though.

Only thing I can find with lamp mounting points are either full front bull bar or steel bumper, neither of which I want.

Can anyone point me to a manufacturer of either small 'A' style bull bar or front lamp mounting rail ?

Thanks.
Andy

I guess you don't want to drill holes in the bumper ?

1607679033307.png

The bumper is plastic, would it be strong enough to mount lights?

9" lights are going to be relatively heavy - I would mount them to the cross member underneath the (plastic) bumper and perhaps even horizontally brace them to the scuttle ( ? I don't know what it's called but ITYWIM) that the front grill sits on.

Good point Chas, I read it wrong , I thought it was an 80.... Those plastic bumpers are pretty Tough Though

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The plastic bumpers are tough but as each light will only have a single mounting point, I think there will be some significant flex and vibration. In time it may even cause the bumper to crack/fracture.

I have a 30" LED light bar mounted to the plastic bumper on my 90 - I cut strips from a 10mm thick plastic chopping board and used them like massive plate washers in layers to the underside of the bumper to reinforce it. The light bar also has the mountings either end which helps with rigidity.

Beginning to think about getting the welder out and making one out of 50mm square tube. The mounting points under the chassis front are easy enough to access, then just a couple of simple angle cuts and it's up the front. Get it powder coated black

That way I get exactly what I want where I want it. Hmmm.......

Andy

Bar from South Africa

Attachments

• Land Cruiser (5).jpg
    Land Cruiser (5).jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 38
Can you stand on the bumper ?

I never seen a 9" spotlight that weighs more than me :confusion-shrug:

I was in Cape Town, South Africa, and bought it from a suburb called Bellville.
So long ago, it must have been about Sept 2007
18 All front lights.JPG

Last edited:
Keep looking on eBay. I bought a used one in mint condition last year.

Yes, i'll keep looking for a while. Then if it goes on for too long I'll get the welder out and make one.

Afterwards I'll post pic of my OH standing on it !!
Andy

Decent ones of that type/size stainless steel at a sensible price, don't tend to come up too often, and they are dead easy to fit. As you say Andy, keep looking and if will pay off.

Back