Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dumb question and favour needed. - requires tape measure

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Before garaging the car to head off to work, I took all the measurements I needed to design a rear drawer system.
I planned the build and came up with a cutting list for the aluminium extrusion place to provide me all the bits cut and machined so i could come back and assemble it like meccano. leaving me with just the actual drawers to make from ply.
Now I've changed the design and I'm not sure if I'm going to close the upper tailgate and end up smashing the rear screen. The $64000 question is :
Will a box that's 75cm tall and 93cm deep fit in the boot and allow the tailgate to come down without the sound of breaking glass, This is with standard rear seats in the normal position.
thanks in advance to the legend who has a tape measure and an 80 that doesn't have a boot full of stuff.

Hey not sure but are you asking for measurements up to the top of the tailgate when closed?
My draws as a reference are out now but this is how I get mine up.

F2B7FDEC-C99E-426C-BFD1-9AAC83F65524.jpeg

Oh hi Mike. Nah the measurevent I need is if you sat in the back seats facing the inside of the upper tailgate. If you put a ruler at the top of the back seats roughly 75cm off the floor of the trunk would that measureme t be more than 93cm. It’s fine at the level of the lower tailgate but the upper one slopes so I’m worried it’s less than 93cm
so looking at your picture if you shut the trunk/boot and measured at the height of that white plastic box that’s on the left. Is there more than 93cm from the back of the seat to the glass.

Ok I’m trying to understand fully and work with you here. Here we go….

Firstly I measured labeled (A) the height of my draws. These are 34.5cm from the base in addiction to having 3mm lining on top of my carpet.

Secondly labeled (B) is a measurement from 34.5cm up to the rear seats from the inside floor metal strip is 102cm. Having had them in a few years and leaning on the draws slightly was a line to measure from.

Thirdly I measured from roughly the top of the plastic side panels line across rear seats to the front inside metal protective floor strip and it measured 95cm (7 cm less from the curvature of the rear seats).

Hope that help you out a little.

Attachments

• D132B74A-9AAF-498B-9C6C-E0C1E39082A3.jpeg
    D132B74A-9AAF-498B-9C6C-E0C1E39082A3.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Gentlemen you are absolutely awesome thank you so much. This means I can hit the floor running with my drawers.
this forum is absolutely incredible thanks to its members.
the build will be in my main thread and the plans and cutting list will go in there too.
thanks again Michael & Towpack. Very grateful

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back