Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

E10 fuel.....

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
Filled the bike up this evening ready for an early start tomorrow and noticed E10 fuel (10% bio ethanol) is now at the pumps. There's a sign on each pump saying "suitable for most vehicles. Check with the manufacturer". I wonder if many will even notice or even care? The bikes will (should) be OK. I think it can be more of a problem in long term storage.

i think most wont notice nor care. the classic car fellas aside.
i believe 98 octane will still be available and can be used instead?

Yes, the "Super Unleaded" is unaffected....for now.

the old ride on mower lives to fight another day then.:)

Not just classic cars affected....
Lawnmowers , generators , cars in some cases up to the 2000's
98 octane isn't good in older vehicles as more prone to vapour lock... and many were designed to run on octanes much lower.

It's another scheme to remove older vehicles from the roads by stealth and force people into EV's .
A late 90's early 2000's car such as a petrol E Class Merc is every bit as good as a "modern" car but can be repeatedly fixed and rebuilt as Merc make the parts to serve the third world taxi market.....and will do 600K plus without issues .... so outlasting EV's many times over ....not good for UK Gov and their drive for all electric....

Any takers for the "I was miss sold an EV" ambulance chasing lawyer's advert sweepstake ....

Back