Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Early 80

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
An early 80 with low miles and the "old" petrol engine but still strong money.

Petrol 80

Left hand drive too!
Some of the prices makes me feel confident I'll get what I want for mine (it's less then that is advertised for)

Yes mate read it right.

Got another trip planned in May first. Hopefully will keep it below 100k miles by then too.

Shame Gary. Hope your not going to be another who regrets selling. Are you keeping in the cruiser family or moving to something else?

I'm staying with toyota but a new shape hilux. Will suit our needs more. The wife will drive it and her car will likely go electric in next couple of years (plan on bmw i4) she doesn't like driving the 80 at all.

don't get me wrong It'll be hard to let it go but it has to be.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm staying with toyota but a new shape hilux. Will suit our needs more. The wife will drive it and her car will likely go electric in next couple of years (plan on bmw i4) she doesn't like driving the 80 at all.

don't get me wrong It'll be hard to let it go but it has to be.

“Hears a whip crack”

My wife doesn’t like driving my 80 but if her car is off the road then I’m sure it’ll beat walking….

No whip crack over here.
Wouldn't of had the 80 or any other vehicles I've had if that was the case, or the mountain bikes etc etc

She will drive it but doesn't like to. Not her thing. I had a demo hilux and she didn't mind driving it. I really liked it, even took it on a few lanes lol.

No whip crack over here.
Wouldn't of had the 80 or any other vehicles I've had if that was the case, or the mountain bikes etc etc

She will drive it but doesn't like to. Not her thing. I had a demo hilux and she didn't mind driving it. I really liked it, even took it on a few lanes lol.

But if you don’t like driving her car would she swap it? I know mine wouldn’t lol

So I’ll be exactly the same.
It’s my 80 and the wife is welcome to drive it but not pass judgment on how it drives.

Wait till the new Hilux starts going wrong (which it will) and as Karl has said I guarantee you’ll regret it.

I won't be selling because the wife doesn't like driving it, I'll be selling because I want to. There's a difference.

I work on modern vehicles and oddly enough not scared of them.

I won't be selling because the wife doesn't like driving it, I'll be selling because I want to. There's a difference.

I work on modern vehicles and oddly enough not scared of them.

That’s fair enough and I’m sorry if I seem sharp.

I haven’t been on here for a while and I seem to notice a steam of new folk asking for 80s, so it baffles me to understand why you’d want to sell your mint truck.

Probably a good time to sell.....

I don't see that 80 series prices remain at the level they currently are...( I hope so cause I've got one and don't intend to sell ) ...

If you want to see silly prices look at WW2 Willys jeeps ... most are advertised at 20-25K ....not many years ago they were 10K .... and they are uncomfortable to drive and have 6 volt electrics....you can't afford to loose many volts when you only start with 6 ;-)

It might be in good nick but this is another odd one!
An early 80 with low miles and the "old" petrol engine but still strong money.

Looks in good nick and at 124k miles low for the year but this is yet another odd one!!!
According to DVLA MOT history..... it had already done 124k miles in February 2006!!!

Sorry, my message ended up as part of Towpack's quote...... clumsy thumbs!!!

Looks in good nick and at 124k miles low for the year but this is yet another odd one!!!
According to DVLA MOT history..... it had already done 124k miles in February 2006!!!

Back