Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ebay sale. how long is too long?

Can you drag it into a corner and leave it for a year? Then just give Mr scrap man a call to pick it up with his hiab?

Try the insurance tact.. Tell him it is no longer insured because you are no longer the legal owner.. Wait a Wee while.. Then have It conveniently removed/stolen.. Phone him up and say, 'Told you so'.. I know it doesn't help much but give him a call and tell him this, it might jolt his brain to understand what your really trying to say..

You can’t re advertisie unless you refund the guy but I can imagine your frustration.
I was thinking of putting it on e bay for auction. whatever it makes. send the money to him.

Can you drag it into a corner and leave it for a year? Then just give Mr scrap man a call to pick it up with his hiab?
its one option rich, we do have one such corner, its a bit like the Bermuda triangle..

Try the insurance tact.. Tell him it is no longer insured because you are no longer the legal owner.. Wait a Wee while.. Then have It conveniently removed/stolen.. Phone him up and say, 'Told you so'.. I know it doesn't help much but give him a call and tell him this, it might jolt his brain to understand what your really trying to say..
after ringing and him not answering. I text him saying my old mans loosing interest in looking at it from his living room window now. one day ill get there and it will of been carted off for scrap.
no answer..

Last edited:
I suppose it’s possible he doesn’t have the phone any more (unlikely, but possible).

Have you spoken to Citizens Advice Bureau? Might be worth the call.

A plan could be to send him by whatever means you can, email, text, snail mail, instructions to come and collect or make contact within say 10 days, stating that if no contact and firm collection date is made and stuck to that storage will apply of £xx per week and it will be re advertised on eBay with the final proceeds being forwarded to him no more than he paid, less storage and your handling fee of £xx.
You may want to check the legality of that but it seems fair to me.

some good advice rich.
after my text I rang him today. we have contact!
hes promised to come this weekend...

some good advice rich.
after my text I rang him today. we have contact!
hes promised to come this weekend...

That’s great news.
Let’s hope he sticks to his promise.
Always best to assume ‘cock up over conspiracy’.

I have a purchase problem of my own. Bought some of the proper Brabus wheels for the Cursed Smart car back in the summer. Had the thing in bits for far too long then fitted them and it was undriveable as the traction Control kept kicking in. Found the fronts were a smidge too big. I’ve just found the sellers phone number and have made contact but I’m not hopeful I’ll get anything towards the £100 or so I now need to spend on a new pair of tyres for the front. Been dreading it TBH.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That’s great news.
Let’s hope he sticks to his promise.
Always best to assume ‘cock up over conspiracy’.

I have a purchase problem of my own. Bought some of the proper Brabus wheels for the Cursed Smart car back in the summer. Had the thing in bits for far too long then fitted them and it was undriveable as the traction Control kept kicking in. Found the fronts were a smidge too big. I’ve just found the sellers phone number and have made contact but I’m not hopeful I’ll get anything towards the £100 or so I now need to spend on a new pair of tyres for the front. Been dreading it TBH.

Having a mark 2 smart car too in the family Richard the wheel sizes and tyres are really specific to front and back being different. Not sure about the size and putting a different spec of wheels (brabus) even if it’s mercedes.

All I know it triggers the traction control on and the car doesn’t want to drive. It seems the Ecu is set up specifically for the wheel size & tyre variant only.

P.s yes the tyres are pricy for such small tyres as their only made for the smart it seems.

Having a mark 2 smart car too in the family Richard the wheel sizes and tyres are really specific to front and back being different. Not sure about the size and putting a different spec of wheels (brabus) even if it’s mercedes.

All I know it triggers the traction control on and the car doesn’t want to drive. It seems the Ecu is set up specifically for the wheel size & tyre variant only.

P.s yes the tyres are pricy for such small tyres as their only made for the smart it seems.
You’re right there Dervis but as long as the relative sizes are correct, in other words the fronts slightly smaller than the rears, all is well.

The Brabus wheels I have are in fact the correct ones for the car which is a genuine Brabus. It came with Lorinser Speedies which I’m still running. I’ve found Nangkangs for £48 each for the front. It seems to be only them and Yokohama that do them. I’ve got Nangkangs on the Speedies and they’ve been very good so would run them again.

Threadjack over. :)

:text-woo::banana-blonde:
20181126_175339.jpg
20181126_175740.jpg

Cockup over conspiracy.

Glad it’s sorted Mike. :clap:

Cockup over conspiracy.

Glad it’s sorted Mike. :clap:
Indeed. I could tell he was a decent bloke on the phone. He just needed a little push..:) he insisted i have some money for my troubles. I saìd it wasnt necessary but he wouldnt have it.
Turned out a good night in the end. It loaded up way too easy..
anyone who has been down our lane knows just how steep it is, its a bit greasy at the moment too..
the first sign of a incline the flat bed was loosing traction, it must be close to a 10 tonner? Hooked it up to the 80, it dragged him until half way up the steepest section, this bit is really steep. At this point i was just burning rubber and a bit of clutch by the smell it. Time to give up, i was going to break something.
big john deere time!

Last edited:
Back