Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eBay seller warning.

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
hay all,

Just a heads up on a seller Zandau-89. Don’t buy from this guy. He lies through his teeth in a convincing way only to then deliver an incorrect part 2 months late (and he wondered why I opened and won a PayPal claim. He deals via WhatsApp and harassed me with numerous texts and calls. I left negative feedback but he disputed it and it’s been since been removed.

The feed back system on ebay is completely pointless.

Not as useless as the appeals process.

Depends on which side you side. Seems heavily weighted towards the buyer.
I ended up closing my shop because of how biased the system was. People would claim money back on items that had been delivered safely (even feedback had been left!!)

I've sold stacks of stuff on ebay and have had no problems. I always get proof of postage so nobody can say the item has not arrived.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There isn't a question of having trouble free transactions Frank. There's a million a minute of those. It's more a question of IF rather than WHEN it goes wrong. I had a buyer fail to buy an item who then left poor feedback about me as a seller.
There's no ambiguity here. He clicked buy it now. Done deal. Then later messaged me saying he had no money would I mind waiting several weeks. This was 1 day into a 7 day auction. I got negative feedback because I said no.

I appealed to e bay to have the feedback removed as there was a very clear trail that he'd defaulted and I never heard a single word from them. I've only ever sold two things on e bay in all my time, so it doesn't look good as a rating does it!

But I have bought 1000's of things with probably only 1 or 2 issues ever. It's my shop window for just about everything. I just know that if it goes wrong, there not going to be any help.

I've sold stacks of stuff on ebay and have had no problems. I always get proof of postage so nobody can say the item has not arrived.
Proof of posting is no guarantee that the item has been delivered, the only way to do that is signed for delivery, even then though I bought an item that was apparently signed for at my address but couldn't have been because there was only me at home at the supposed time of delivery, I did get an eBay refund after opening a dispute.

I get that Chris. What a nuisance.

Sorry Chas, I do, in fact, get proof of delivery, signed for. My mistake.

Wish i hadn't read this while having a £500 pair of boots up for sale !

Back