Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EFS suspension

warrenpfo

Chaps on my cruisers arrival on the 16th the first job is too change the suspension over. I am keen to go the EFS route given the posative things i have heard.

I know everyone has differing opinions but wanted to ask for those who have gone EFS are you happy and for a 50mm/2" lift with contact 100-200kg loa din the rear and 100kg in the front which are the best to go for.

Or perhaps which did you go for?

Thanks

I have a 4" EFS coming over from AUS have a word with blown8o he will soon sort out what you need
David

MikeVX80 and I both went this route Warren. Mike is yet to fit his but I have and am very happy with it.

If I may be so forward as to pop in and say hello on this thread.
First, thank you David and Gary for the kind comments.
Warren, if you wish, send me a pm with your details and an email address, and I will send you all the info as I do the other gents here. You obviously have an idea on weights already, so half the job is done.
Hopefully I can help as well. Cheers. Chris

Warren, as above I bought the EFS kit for mine from Blown80 on here, great service, etc.

I am yet to have chance to get mine fitted (still!), but I went for the XTR shocks, with linear springs on the front and progressive springs on the rear. I have chosen to supplement the rear with some airbag helper springs, this combination of progressive coils and airbag helpers allowing me a certain amount of flexibility/adjustability depending on load. A lot of my time the car will be "empty" so I want it to sit level (2" lift all round) and ride well, however when loaded up with rooftent, awning, fridge, camping equipment, etc. the airbags will allow me to retain the same level ride height, still with good ride quality and wheel travel. For me, this was the perfect solution! I also opted for an EFS steering damper at the same time because, well, why not :)

I should have it all on the car early June if you're back in Maidenhead and want to take a look :)

Last edited:
Warren - just fitted EFS springs on the rear of mine along with tough dog 45mm shock @ +2". As you know mine is prepped as an expedition vehicle and will have most of its weight most of the time. Initial thoughts are that the combination I have fitted is really good but I need to stiffen the shocks a couple of notches - (I think to setting 3 of 9). The +300kg +2" EFS TLC113HDE have given the back of the truck a nice lift over the front (I've yet to measure but it looks about 1" by eye - about 1.5" front and 2.5" rear at a guess). There is a thread on the suspension sub-forum regarding the measurements/questions and as you know a bit on my hedgehog build thread which might help. 80s are a bit lighter in the rear than 100s and so equivalent springs would have a bit more lift for the same added weight.

The TLC113HHDE I thought would be a bit too stiff given my weight/application but it depends on what you think your rig will weigh.....for my part it helped that my truck had OME set-up fitted which I could use as a reference point. I put mine on a weighbridge to get an idea of the front/rear axle weights.

Not sure if you have looked at the EFS website but they have a pretty good array of the different options (particularly the constant weight question) to help make a choice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back