Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EFS Suspension

Andy

Supporter
Country Flag
england
After hearing good reports about this suspension, both online & from others here, (particularly Chris) I decided to order 2 complete setups for both mine & Sams trucks,
Well I mean TRY to order!

I have sent several emails, filled in contact forms etc to EFS & other australian distributors, giving them all of the trucks details etc etc, but none of them have come back to me.

any pointers on how best to make contact etc, (other than by phone),or any reccomendations for other similar set ups for our 80's, with a 2 or 3" lift, although I would prefer EFS

I thought stan was the man for This?

Maybe with Chris moving on it's not so easy for him

I may have to email stan, but as i have relatives out there i thought i could get it sent to them direct & they will get it sent on to me, or even as they are coming here soon on 4 separate flights (dont ask!), they could spread it about their luggage!

They have a distributor in portugal who's fairly responsive. I got through to a dealer in Melbourne who was able to sort out the bits and put them on surgace transport for me. Can digup details when i am back home.

Filling up their online form got me no response either. Their online shop however does cater to local .au shipping. Did they not have what you want there?

Wish I could help Andy but I'm no wiser that anyone else I'm afraid. I got mine from FNB and Chris Blakemore but they have ceased on the spares bits front to concentrate on other parts of the business so I understand.

I still rate my EFS set up. I was sitting looking at the truck only today actually thinking how well it looked and how it hadn't sagged at all. Still drives really well, so I'd certainly continue to endorse the product.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know you dont want to go down the phone route, but i was having a shambles with slee off road in the states. In the end i rang them, very helpful, payed by card there and then, all sorted.

I got my first EFS suspension from Chris Blakemore in Australia, complete with Australia to Ireland shipping charges.

I got my second set from Off Road Attitude in France. Much more agreeable freight charges and Leigh will look after you very well.

Here are the details...

OFF ROAD ATTITUDE
Accessoires 4x4 - Equipements 4x4 - Pièces 4x4 - Préparation 4x4
Tel : +33 1 64 78 64 78
Fax : +33 1 64 28 18 18
Boutique en ligne : www.offroadattitude.com
Blog de l'actu 4x4, de l'équipement 4x4, de la préparation 4x4 et du voyage : www.blog.offroadattitude.com
Courriel : [email protected]
Adresse : Z.A. Du Bois Des Places _ 1, Rue Du Château d'Eau _ 77620 Egreville

Thanks for that, I'll check them out

Wonder if they are connected to what was freeways latitude in France, who I have dealt with before

Andy

EFS also have a big dealer network in South Africa so if you have people travelling there or back they may be able to assist...

I have EFS on my 80 and have a distributor near me in QLD, what lift kit was you wanting? I can ask them for a price, but postage will be expensive due to the weight

Thanks for the offer, I am unsure exactly what kit as yet, but superior engineering in Aus have now got back to me asking various questions about my truck, weights & usage etc so they can recommend a set up.
I'd be very interested to knowWhat set up you have got & how do you find it?
It looks like I'll be getting 2 lots, one for me & one for my son who also has an 80
Andy

EFS have dealer in Poland aswell, MP4x4.pl, very good people to deal with too !
And, they are half the price.
Thanks for that, will email them tonight

Andy

Well I have been in contact with MP4x4.pl who have been very helpful, and have today ordered 2 sets of EFS suspension at VERY good prices.
Will have to wait & see how long the delivery takes though!!

@KB, I suggest you drop them a line

Andy

Is EFS regarded as being better than ome? Ill be starting my rolling chassis project soon. Havnt been blown away by my current ome set up.

Form my experience of having both I'd say yes. But there are always caveats. Some of this is simply that EFS in my view do a better range for really heavy duty applications. I've had lighter OME setups and they've been OK. If you look at some of the Oz forums, OME are ranked similarly to Monroe stuff that you'd get for your family car. We see them as special here in the UK because at one point they were literally all you could get.

I've also had poor setups just didn't last. I know that Chris from Let's Overland had a set on his 80 and they did trip after trip across Morocco and didn't even lose the paint. For what we have to pay here, OME are very overpriced. EFS aren't cheap but £ for £ in my view far superior. FNB got my setup absolutely bang on and I love it to bits. I'd have it again if I was building another truck. Which I am most certainly not.

Back