Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EGR blanking plates.

Just wondering if you ever got yourself some EGR blanking plates sorted out Lexie... I have a few sets left over from a previous project if you still need some... Drop me a not.

Cheers

Out of interest a blanked off EGR will fail the new MOT test, I'm led to believe, that is if the tester can see it has been blanked off.
This is what they are saying Any modifications/removal to emissions related devices, this includes DPF'S and EGR's is now a major fail

Last edited:
Is that back-dated do you know David? eg if this was done pre- 20xx it's exempt?

It's a fail Chris. If the egr's were part of the original system any visible attempt to defeat them is a fail. They cannot test them though and my thin stainless blanking plates look like the original gaskets. Much easier just to block the rubber vacuum pipes. The blanking plate will not create an emissions failure.

There are 2 approaches to dpf's;-

1. Punch a hole straight through. This is invisible and on early cars at least does not lead to emissions failure = A pass.

2. Removal and replacement with a straight pipe =Visible and a fail.

It's a difficult area to police like the air bag warning light and bulb removal. Now the light must come on and then go out.

It's got to be bad to fail on emissions. My 80 smokes when my tester revs the engine but it's always miles below the fail reading.

Just wondering if you ever got yourself some EGR blanking plates sorted out Lexie... I have a few sets left over from a previous project if you still need some... Drop me a not.

Cheers
How much and what thickness are they. Also concerned about the new mot regs

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How much and what thickness are they. Also concerned about the new mot regs

The plates are laser cut from 6mm (IIRC) stainless steel plate - £25.00 a set posted.

I can't help with the MOT issues but I could get some cut from thinner sheet if these would camouflage the installation as Frank was suggesting! I'd have to get these done soon though as I'm about to send a rare order to the laser cutters!

Cheers

You got a paypal. Il take a chance on them

I'll PM you my banking details Lexie; you can send me your address that way too.

Cheers

Back