Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric cruiser?

SpinDrift

Supporter
Garage
Here's an interesting article about converting petrol driven vehicles into electric ones using parts from smashed up Teslas by a company in Wales. Current cost is around £20k.

So who's Cruiser is going to go first?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48956000

Hi Electric Tessa motors in a fj40 would be so cool I would love one of them its a big :thumbup: up from Tony.

Be good if they could install an Active Sound Exhaust system, So it still sounds like a 4.2 Straight six... Or an App you can down load with a choice of exhaust sounds.... Mmm! a Thwaites Dumper Even..

Got sent an e bay link the other day, a company selling i8 and i3 batteries from damaged cars!

The grief and paperwork I have to go through to order individual battery components, can get one complete for £3k lol.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I read somewhere recently a company is going to be converting some 79 series into electric drive as trials for a mining company. Good R&D.

This has become popular here in the states as well. Couple companies already doing the conversion on literally anything, and new companies popping up pretty quickly too. Doesn't seem too difficult if you had a whole tesla to do the conversion. Interesting for sure. But I do like my turbo whistle.

Back