Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric seat drivers

essexpete

Country Flag
uk
Evening all
Leant on my seat buttons by mistake and moved the seat forward, then it jammed moving it back. Cut a long story short the end cap had come out and the cog stripped. Fortunately I had a spare from a seat I had bought of Garry Rigby a while back.
I see on line you can buy a Chinese copy in a brass-like material. Has anyone tried these parts? There seems plenty for sale on ebay.

Hi, Mine had stripped off in the same fashion, I bought the brass replacements and fitted them , after removing the seat and had it firmly set upside down I just followed some instructions on You T and completed the task. Not so difficult at all. What I did find out was there is a company selling all the replacement parts in the original plastic/nylon material but they were supplying the USA market, couldn’t get a response so I gave up, our cousins over the pond get a better service it seems, and no I don’t have their details, I gave up and just changed the brass bit, go for it!

Funnily enough i chanced upon them the other day and the brass would be my first choice . Cheap clocks use nylon and expensive clocks brass which says it all i reckon .

Back