Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric Window problem LJ70 1992

Cardo

Garage
Country Flag
grenada
Hi guys. I have taken out the window mechanism and checked it over and it seems ok. Works allright outside the door casing but when I reassemble it back in the door it clicks and misses and won't raise or lower the glass properly. Could the relay be knackered or is there some way I can check, Being on an island I will have to send abroad for the part if its broken but if I can salvage it I would prefer. Thanks for looking at the post.

Is it doing that even when you put power directly to it with it bolted in place? :think:

Usually its the switches that cause problems, the window regulators and motors are normally pretty reliable. :icon-biggrin:

Is it doing that even when you put power directly to it with it bolted in place? :think:

Usually its the switches that cause problems, the window regulators and motors are normally pretty reliable. :icon-biggrin:
Hi Ben, thanks for replying. I bolted the unit in place before connecting the glass window and moved the unit up and down fine so that I could get it into a position where I could bolt the window back on. Once the window was connected again then it started playing up. I'm going to take it out again today and have another look. It sounds as though something is missing as I power it on. It keeps clicking and won't move either up or down. Appreciate any thoughts.
Ok took it off again and took the regulator off the arm. The little toothed wheel inside the regulator seems a bit loose. I put it back together and powered up and it sticks at a particular point. I don't know how much play in the wheel should be not having a new one to compare with..

Last edited:
Ok I had a look around a scrap yard here on the island and found a Corolla motor that was the same size and substituted that. The sprocket wheel is a lot tighter and that must have been the problem because after installing the unit back its working fine and not slipping. Result!

OK this is weird. The drivers side window is now playing up. If I connect the lead going to the motor directly to the battery I can get the widow to move up and down (by reversing the polarity to get it to go down) I put my multimeter onto the connections that the motor lead ultimately connects with to the switch and I get 12.4 volts pos or minus depending whether its rocking up or down. Now if I connect the two together its just dead and the window doesn't move. I have cut off the connectors and wired the leads manually together to eliminate the connectors but it still is dead. Any ideas what I must have overlooked?

OK this is weird. The drivers side window is now playing up. If I connect the lead going to the motor directly to the battery I can get the widow to move up and down (by reversing the polarity to get it to go down) I put my multimeter onto the connections that the motor lead ultimately connects with to the switch and I get 12.4 volts pos or minus depending whether its rocking up or down. Now if I connect the two together its just dead and the window doesn't move. I have cut off the connectors and wired the leads manually together to eliminate the connectors but it still is dead. Any ideas what I must have overlooked?
Well panic over. Its started working all on its own again so I guess it just needed a break. I presume the switch is erratic so I will try and get a new one and relace it. Thanks for looking anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back