Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric Window Relay

Ben Stratford

Supporter
Country Flag
england
So it seems that the 24V relay that is located inside the bottom of the drivers door is unobtainable.
As a result, all the other windows work but not the drivers door which is quite awkward at the toll booth!
So, has anyone figured out how to connect a standard 24V relay with perhaps different pin out configuration to make good or am I the guinea pig!!

So it seems that the 24V relay that is located inside the bottom of the drivers door is unobtainable.
As a result, all the other windows work but not the drivers door which is quite awkward at the toll booth!
So, has anyone figured out how to connect a standard 24V relay with perhaps different pin out configuration to make good or am I the guinea pig!!
I converted my windows to manual. I still have some bits from the leccy ones.
post a picture and as much identifying information as you can and I'll see if I still have the drivers one.

I converted my windows to manual. I still have some bits from the leccy ones.
post a picture and as much identifying information as you can and I'll see if I still have the drivers one.
Thanks for your reply moggy,
the problem is, the relay that sits inside the bottom of the drivers door is missing so I dont know what it looks like or what the part number is. Will keep looking for details and post as soon as i can. Cheers ben

Fantastic, thanks Andy. Fingers crossed.
Annoyingly the USA market of FJ62's seem to be 12V which are still available used.

If you can't get hold of a 24v relay but can obtain a 12v version which fits then why not use a 12v and feed it through voltage regulator? Can't imagine a window relay drawing that much and it's not as if the relay has a heavy duty cycle like a headlamp relay etc.
Something like this maybe:

Regulator

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you can't get hold of a 24v relay but can obtain a 12v version which fits then why not use a 12v and feed it through voltage regulator? Can't imagine a window relay drawing that much and it's not as if the relay has a heavy duty cycle like a headlamp relay etc.
Something like this maybe:

Regulator
Thats a breat shout, thanks towpack. I was starting to look at the next alternatives. This solution has now jumped up the list. I was also thinking of similar 24v relays which may be able to be adaped. Will keep looking gor a while then see if i need to have a go at another option

image.jpeg
Finally managed to track down a relay in New Zealand from a 24V BJ74. Its now fitted and working well.

Back