Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric Windows that doze

Ralpharama

Country Flag
great_britain
My new to me 2008 Landcruiser has non-function windows on the left hand side of the vehicle. As the trader that sold me the car is 4+ hours away it will probably be easier for me to fix the windows myself. With two windows failing it seems less likely to be a failure of the motors/switches and more likely to be the power feed to them, but I could be wrong. I have asked Simon for a workshop manual so that should help, but if anyone on here has had a similar issue and can tell me where to start looking I would very much appreciate it.
I normally only work on classic motorcycles ‘70s - ‘90s, but I really like this car and have spent more than I can afford to buying it so maintenance will be down to me as much as is possible

Welcome, what exactly is the problem? Do they not work at all from either the buttons on the drivers door or the buttons on the actual door?

Hi Ralp,
Saw your post on the other side first, about windows and sensors, and have replied. Sounds like your windows need re learning, and the sensors, - well....... Have a look.

I think if you have had the batteries disconnected for what ever reason, the windows need re synching.. its explained in the book pack you should have with the truck... Its real easy. But i cant remember the exact explanation........

Ah, if it's the one press up down function then all you need to do is from the actual door button and not drivers buttons, from fully closed, hold the down button till open and keep holding for 10 secs, then close and keep holding for 10 secs, this should sort the problem.

If that doesn't work, check fuses 47 (front passenger) and 49 (rear passenger) in the fusebox to the right of the steering wheel.

There are some other fuses as well that can also affect the windows (eg 45, 64 possibly others) - see the manual. If you get to that point you might just want to check all the car's fuses with a multimeter, especially as its a new (to you) car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know this is an older thread but explains what happened to my LC3 recently when battery was disconnected - LHS window would not budge for love nor money. Into garage they said no I needed a new master switch - quoted 450e. Not happening I said, too much of a coincidence. Car alarm had also gone hinky after battery was reconnected. Spent an afternoon tinkering, up down, engine on/off, from door or master switch finally got it working. I must have performed a reset purely by chance!! Garage didn't believe it when I brought it back to show them! I will take the win!

Back