Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrical gremlin, (After PowerWash).... Idiot

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Anyway as above, Decided to give the Truck the Once a year Spring clean,... Gave it a good power was under the Bonnet as well (which iv done many times).. Any Hoo! went to start her up, She started first flick of the Key.... BUT! iv got Turbo/Timing belt light on, Red light near Volt meter ON! OH and fuel filter light ON!..... Hoping its a case of leaving it in the Sun to Dry out and try again later.... Orrrr! have i Knackered 'Summert'..... And yes i know im an idiot for Giving the Engine bay a Blast out.... But like i said iv always given the Engine Bay a Blast without Issue..

Duck oil and sunshine will sort that for you Higgy

Soggy alternator? I used to jet wash my engine bay all the time after lincomb, till the boss got fed up of me filling the yard with mud, shame it was diesel powered hot one :(

All sorted Now, I dragged the compressor out and Blasted about 15 litres of water out the Alternator and every fuse housing i could find.. And Hey! presto all is good..... And the Bonus is My normally slow Windows are flying up and Down like a Bear in a hornets nest :wtf: .... Bomb proof these Trucks... So Moral of story... Never ever clean your Truck....... :thumbup:..... Result Mate...

As the others have said as long as its non-conductive and disperses moisture. I personally use GT85 on everything before and after using water or steam near the engine bay. Always used it on my Motorbikes and (touchwood) never had any issues.

I hate cleaning the Motorbikes more than the Truck, I usually just do the Tanks with Pledge Or Mr Sparkle or what ever its Called....

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I hate cleaning the Motorbikes more than the Truck, I usually just do the Tanks with Pledge Or My Sparkle or what ever its Called....
mine is 67 BSA so doesn't have any of the fairings and other awkward panels and no ECU to worry about. Two wires and gone...!!:auto-dirtbike:

Higgy "I hate cleaning the Motorbikes more than the Truck, I usually just do the Tanks with Pledge Or My Sparkle or what ever its Called...."
Mate polished his fizzey ..... including the front brake disc.....he was flash and have a new one on the knock...rest of us had drum brakes.... didn't end well....or it did....against his dads gate

Loved my First Fizzy Grimbo.. Its what Kicked it all off for Me back in 1978.. I always remember that Feeling Of independence and Freedom... Especially after watching the Easy Rider Movie..... Changed everything for me.. For the first time me and my mates could get away from our Shitty Homes and Shitty Jobs and just ride anywhere (At about 50mph).... The fun we had... I never went home again.. Brilliant :thumbup:

I use GT85 on the black engine cases and wheels of the Triumph. It brings them up great and makes washing road crap,off that much easier. On the fully faired Kawasaki I use Corrosion Block/ACF 50 on the largely hidden enfine cases and Mr Sheen on the shiny plastic bodywork Which works just as well as the fancy "bike" polishes at £15/ litre.
I remember having the engine bay of my XJ12 cleaned in the early 80's but the "steam clean" turned out to be a dousing with some detergent/degreaser then washed off with a hose pipe on the hot tap. Took me a week to get it firing back on all 12 after drying out the ignition and cleaning out the 4 carbs. Feckin' cowboy garage!

Back