Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

electrical problem toyota lj73 1988

Dirk

Country Flag
belgium
I went recently with my lj73 suddenly drove the indicators T-BELT, FILTER, and the light of the battery (with insufficient voltage indicated by the meter) burn. <br> I have quietly continued since I was convinced that if I shut down the engine would I no longer could start. I then measured the voltage on the battery, this was 11.5 V turning was this any more, so I knew that my alternator no power supplied, these disassembled and reviewed (the diode bridge was piece) then back mounted and tested. <br> Now let the man who restores the alternator had me know that if I would measure more than 14.5 V if he was running I had to contact him that he would do something because otherwise the diode bridge back would break down. No sooner said than done I did a measurement after fitting, turning he gave 15.39 V what I actually found a little weak but could live with that. <br> but I had hoped that the notification would have disappeared but slightly burned every light (T-BELT, FILTER, the Red battery light (the arrow of the meter was now higher)) which also burned in advance. the T-BELT light OK that is my timing belt, Filter, I suspect that the light of the fuel oil filter is mar that that light of the Bat still fire like me. <br> anyone have an idea or tip?

I had mi alternator
Hi, I get 13.55 volt of the alternator on the battery so I suppose my voltage regulator works, I also have the pool nr 2 of the plug that in the tachometer protrudes through measured and this measures by on the chassis so ok does anybody the incident (t-belt, filter, battery, Orange turbo) lights stay lit after start?
Thanks in advance for any response

Hi, I have replaced the regulator and the problems concerning the burning lights have been resolved.
Although now I have another problem, I let him run some time to recharge the battery and noticed a place under the engine when I checked what it was turned out to be the diesel. I did a control around the pump and looked every few second a drops diesel bottom lose weight the supply checked and the supply to the nozzles these are all well does anyone ever had such a problem with the diesel pump I can make out that it is a rotary pump and no line pump

You need to isolate where is leaking from.
I had leak from the smoke screw, its just an o ring there.

But, be extremely carefull when you remove, make sure you mark the screw before removal. look on the fsm before you play with that screw. regular spanners dont fit in that place, I bought a bent neck spanner for that.
a slight turn on the screw can make the engine to run badly, either low rpm or tons of smoke.

but I did it myself and its not to difficult.
or, maybe you have the leak from somewhere else?

Back