Email troubles with BTInternet emails

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Folks,

A few of you have been having some account problems where you cannot post new threads or answers.
You also have a banner along the top saying that your email address needs updating.

If you do then it's because we're getting a lot of bounced emails from your mail provider for some reason. This is either because your email address does not exist or because we could not connect to your email provider or your mailbox was full.

When this happens the system logs the bounce. After 3 bounces it stops sending you emails to "protect" our reputation. If we are seen to be sending lots of emails which bounce then we could be confused for a spammer.

If you're having this problem and you have a BTInternet email address then your best option is to update your email to something else then back to what it should be. This resets the counter on our side and things will be normal again until the next set of bounces.

For the BT ones I've seen so far it's because we get an error from BT when trying to connect to their mail servers. The internet is awash with other admins complaining about the same thing so we're not unique.

I am trying to work out a solution to it because obviously it's a pain in the bla-bla but until then, updating it is the only option I can see.

Changing it to something else is also an option :)

C.

Happened to me with an aol account. At the time other emails were coming through ok

No problems for me Crispin since I updated my contact email with a new web based gmail email account.

Folks,

The email thing is proving to be a real pain for some users with BT email addresses.

I’ve just found a new setting which should hopefully alleviate the problem for most.

If you continue to get the problems with replying to threads or “you need to update your email” message then please let me know – you can always email me normally at net.landcruiserclub@admin (obviously reverse that) which I will get.

As always, let me know how it goes.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back