Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

End of cheap parts?

Knucklehead

Probably like other folk on here, I used to get big ticket items from Amayama UAE warehouse.
Even with the custom charges these worked out cheaper than direct in UK.

Noticed recently that the only option I could see is out of the Japan warehouse costing a lot more.
I contacted Amayama and got this reply:

Hello,

Unfortunately we have experienced some technical issues in the UAE with the implementation of VAT and new customs procedures introduced from the 1st of January.

As this stage we have no option but to disable the ability to purchase from the UAE warehouse as there's no estimated time when we will be able to resolve the issue. In the meantime if you require a quote on parts and they appear in our parts database with alternate supply locations, please order them through our Japan or Australian warehouses.

A notification will be posted on the Amayama website main page once ordering from the UAE is available again.

Regards,

Amayama Sales Support

As we already pay VAT etc when they land in the UK i wonder if we will be able to buy them without the new UAE VAT added.

Time will tell.

Dave.

Not sure about that as Saudi (and UAE I guess) is getting short of cash so they'll just ramp up costs. I've usually found the Japanese parts to be only a little dearer.

Not sure about that as Saudi (and UAE I guess) is getting short of cash so they'll just ramp up costs. I've usually found the Japanese parts to be only a little dearer.
And shipping from Japan cheaper, so that small orders have always been cheaper from there.

I got probably the last order in towards the end of 2017.
Shipped from UAE it probably took about a week start to finish to get the parts, great saving on a UJ, rear axle torsion bar and a support bracket for a rear muscular.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Part Souk are still worth checking. I've used them for the 80, Subaru and Slylime posted to UK and NZ before with no issues.

Hello I was wondering where I could get a alloy welded rad for my 80 series petrol 24v auto any suggestions would be great
I have another guy wanting a rad. I should have a price tomorrow all being well for new genuine ones.

Keep me posted on that one Karl, I've had 2 enquires over the weekend for rads.

No problem Trevor. Your on the mailing list regarding stock items that should be on the shelf without having to order.
Ill work through the other list you have sent me and get prices over to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

I was thinking more for Trevor, although my front passenger isn't as perfect as the rest.

I have another guy wanting a rad. I should have a price tomorrow all being well for new genuine ones.
Thanks mine had a plastic one and it split through the top edge on its first long run out I only bought the truck 7 days ago now I need to check it’s not warped the head really racked off about it also would you advise fitting a lube kit as it has a lpg conversion if so what sort would you advise will be fitting an oil cooler while the rad is out can you pass on your number please

Back