Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine bay rain strip

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys.
How many drivers have never noticed their rubber engine strips missing.
I only noticed because after washing my car i noticed my battery was wet.
After investigating my wet battery i noticed my rubber rain strips were missing.
These are located from the windscreen on top of the wing down to the top of the headlamps.
My drivers side was missing but passenger side was still there but loose.
I went on the Internet to find a replacement and clipped on to my wing lip and looks cool. I done both sides so look the same.
Job done or so i thought as when i closed the bonnet it sat proud on both sides so i had to remove the make shift rubbers and now need original engine rubbers but cant find what im looking for.
Has anybody replaced these and were do i get them.

Just had a look on partsouq, think the part numbers you need are:

53388-60012 RH
53389-60011 LH

You can always email [email protected] and get them to stick the parts up on ebay for you.

Attachments

• 5338960011.jpg
    5338960011.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 5338860012.jpg
    5338860012.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 15
I have and I've found the service to be pretty much pot luck - sometimes its been great and things have arrived quickly, sometimes its taken a few nudges to get it moving! Think it depends who you get at the other end tbh...

Partsouq and Amayama can have slow and expensive postage - and with customs fees I've found they're not always the best deal... just depends what you're buying I suppose.

Not sure of any other decent online options?

No, options are pretty poor for general items. Simon is always good, but his prices are not as competitive as they used to be

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I use simon in toyota most times if i cant find what I'm after and he will post also.
Just looked up the two parts karl gave me and cheap enough till you add up postage and duties in some cases.
Will find an alternative for a lot cheaper as not a Major part at the moment..

Thing i love about this site is the variety of information that members have to offer.

Back