Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine conversion

Roscoros

Hi, i have a 95 landcruiser fzj80r, engine type 1fz-fe and want to drop a v8 into it. Is this a realitvily easy process or do i have to change everything along with it like gearbox electricals etc? Sorry if this has already been asked before but if it has can someone point me in right direction cheers

Welcome, where in the world are you, it may have a bearing in what is available in local knowledge etc, I assume its a Lexus V8.

Welcome to the forum. A complete engine & gearbox from a V8 100 series might be the simplest option but still a lot of work. Also have a look on the http://forum.ih8mud.com forum if you haven't already. V8 conversions, both diesel and petrol are far more common over there.

Thanks for the links ill check em out.
Andy not quite sure what you mean im from australia but

Roscoros, the most common or popular V8 petrol conversion in Oz is the LS2 6.0L Chev petrol V8 motor. The next would be the 5.7L V8 LS1 and then maybe the older 5.0L V8 as a third option. Companies like Marks 4WD Adaptors can provide complete kits or whatever elements of a kit you want to choose. Some gear is best sourced elsewhere for a better price.
But these places off the electrical integration kits you need as well as gearbox Adaptors, engine mounts, etc.
If you are contemplating doing it yourself, allow a budget of $10K as a starting point, despite what you may read elsewhere. This allows for a good running engine and the kit, exhaust, engineering, etc.
Good luck, keep us all posted as you go.
Cheers. Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back