Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Management Warning Light - Help!

BuffaloHunter

Country Flag
australia
Hi there!

I own a 100 series GXV Diesel Turbo 2000 model. Vehicle is running well, however engine management light is constantly on - I am not sure if this has any affect on the performance on my vehicle as I've only had the car for several months.

Am looking for solutions to resolve the issue, as Toyota cannot isolate what is causing the light to come on. Any help appreciated!

Hi Buff and welcome to the forum. Post up the codes that Toyota are getting when the do the diagnostic check. Somebody here will most likely be along who knows what they mean. You've come to the right place for help. If your truck is running well there's probably very little to worry about. If it's been pootled about it could be coked up in the air intake from the EGR system. This can be cleaned but it's just a guess at the minute.

When you get a minute, pop over to the 'introduce yourself' section and tell us a bit about your truck.

Good luck with it.

Best wishes

Richard

Hi Buff and welcome to the forum. Post up the codes that Toyota are getting when the do the diagnostic check. Somebody here will most likely be along who knows what they mean. You've come to the right place for help. If your truck is running well there's probably very little to worry about. If it's been pootled about it could be coked up in the air intake from the EGR system. This can be cleaned but it's just a guess at the minute.

When you get a minute, pop over to the 'introduce yourself' section and tell us a bit about your truck.

Good luck with it.

Best wishes

Richard
Thanks for the advice.
Will start with this as a process of elimination.

Back