Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine mounts getting old?

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
I am doing some preventative maintenance and the mounts were on my list, in particular after some enthusiastic off roading with @Rodger last year.

Guess it was a good idea after 24 years?

Failing engine mounting..jpg

Regards

Dave

That does look like it's past its “best before” Dave.

I hope you got replacements at an affordable price, the price of the replacement gearbox mounting on mine was horrendous...

Nice call though....

That does look like it's past its “best before” Dave.

I hope you got replacements at an affordable price, the price of the replacement gearbox mounting on mine was horrendous...

Nice call though....

Thanks Clive, yes the gearbox mount was replaced when I changed the gear/transfer boxes which was about three years back?

Toyota was rediculous with prices not just the mounts, I don't spend enough with them to get a decent discount so looked towards Amamaya, but the shipping started to kill the deal, there was a number of other items in the order such as timing belt, tensioner, pipes and hoses bolts ect.

Mike (@chapel gate) got the lot for me at a sensible price, so happy to go with that.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Like you Dave we are still restoring the ravages of last year's desert runs and there we were thinking that you might have found them a bit tame(!) The sands and grit reek havoc with the underside but also find any weak spots in the bodywork.

Regards,
Rodger

It's all your fault Rodger, you and Corinne were leading me astray. I only do nice tarmac, and even then I drive very very gently.

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
"I only do nice tarmac, and even then I drive very very gently."

Yeah Right!!!!

"I only do nice tarmac" to get to the good stuff
"I drive very very gently." when it's really rough

You've not been visiting that area where the gps (and everything else) does not work? Or has a virus infected your hard driv(e)ing?!

Regards,

Rodger

Dangerous Dave! poor cookie was well worried, that descent was steep ;)

"I only do nice tarmac, and even then I drive very very gently."

Yeah Right!!!!

"I only do nice tarmac" to get to the good stuff
"I drive very very gently." when it's really rough

You've not been visiting that area where the gps (and everything else) does not work? Or has a virus infected your hard driv(e)ing?!

Regards,

Rodger

I think you guys have me mixed up with someone else? :whistle:

Regards

Dave

Ah yes, of course. Silly me.

Obviously confused you with that guy who drives an 80 and lives quite near you!

But perhaps, when we've both finished repairing our trucks, you'd consider a little gentle desert trip?

Cheers
Rodger

Ah yes, of course. Silly me.

Obviously confused you with that guy who drives an 80 and lives quite near you!

But perhaps, when we've both finished repairing our trucks, you'd consider a little gentle desert trip?

Cheers
Rodger

Yep plenty of 80's like mine, similar good looking driver....(cough ) all with similar vicious dogs!

Trip sound good Rodger, my roof rack mods will be finished Friday at last, need to put the new cam belt and tensioner and so on, and replace all the cooling pipes including that metal bastard behind the camshaft sprocket and seal carrier that rusts! All the usual pm stuff, put the dashboard back in and other odds and ends, new electric engine cooling fan, moved to a Mercedes unit, so all in between my regular work, plenty to do and of course the ITV.

If and I mean if all goes well, I hope to be back on the road by about 15th of May, other work has me booked until about the 17th..ish, plus I want a few days for some shake down runs to check her out. Want to pencil in a few days around 20th.....then guys?

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Waiting for some parts which DHL say will arrive today but then I have to acquire some fine thread bolts as they were not available which as we both know could be a problem down here.
Doing some leading on the front and have a few other body bits to do plus I want to modify the rear springs so I think we will be ready for the 20th. I'll try an find time to find some trails we haven't done.

Regards,
Rodger

Sounds good mate, I just need to get a break and be able to switch my phone off for awhile. The grapevine is very active here, I mention I am going away and everyone suddenly remembers the yearly inspection is due!

So I have mentioned a possible break around that time, let them sort it from there.

Should not complain really, three English mechanics have gone in the last five years or so?

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
hey guys, landcruiser mini meet at our lake on 20th, camp over lots of wine etc, if you fancy the short haul North........Mark & Mel are coming, Langy has a prior appointment :(
bring fishing bats if you want to, I will set crayfish nets before hand so we can cook them buggers up :)

Thanks for the invite, Steve, but the truck will only just be back on the road by then so I'd need to do some shake down stuff first, aside from the fact that it's 2500+ kms, so I think we'll have to forgo the opportunity, this time.

Have a great day

Regards,
Rodger

I'm getting old! Could do with some new mounts cause my feet are killing me!:violin::lol:

Bugger! Thank you for the invite guys I would love to join you however, as mentioned earlier I am quite busy, and the journey time to and from you would eat into the few days I 'might' get free, so I will have to decline, sorry. :icon-cry:

Would love another opportunity in the future?

Regards

Dave

no problem, its a long way for crayfish ;) If you are heading to UK then we can sort something out I am sure :)

Back