Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine number location?

Andrew Prince

Very quick question - anyone know where the engine number is stamped on the engine (on an 80 t/diesel)?
I have to admit I haven't tried looking yet but thought I'd ask the question so that I'd know where to start looking ;)

Cheers,

Thought it was low down on the block where it can be seen from underneath - close th where the chassis number is stamped - IIRC when my 80 had it's RWC / Police Clearance done that's where they looked ...

Top of the block near the bulkhead passenger side andrew if i remember right. Dout you will be able to read it though.

Karl

Thanks, guys! :thumbup:

karl webster said:
Dout you will be able to read it though.
[strike:1ow2usbh]But I've taken my pills for dis...dyslik... deslikia...[/strike:1ow2usbh] My 6 yr old daughter can read so I'll ask her to help :shifty:

Had a scratch around the engine - looks like the number is on the driver's side of the block, close to the firewall, i.e. along the "bulge" of cylinder 1 (or is it 6 - whichever's closest to firewall)
The no. is 7x12x (all numbers - can anyone else confirm if their engine no. is in a similar format? Not sure if I've found the right number.... I suspect more than 70 000 HDFTs were made :think:

Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its on the side of the block on the passenger side, below no 6 injector (right at the rear), about 6" or so to the rear of the oil filter, just below where the head joins the block.

A PITA to get to, but every time Ive been to egypt, the customs men actually manage to take a paper rubbing of it whilst almost standing on thier heads!

Andy

Andy said:
Its on the side of the block on the passenger side, below no 6 injector (right at the rear), about 6" or so to the rear of the oil filter, just below where the head joins the block.

A PITA to get to, but every time Ive been to egypt, the customs men actually manage to take a paper rubbing of it whilst almost standing on thier heads!

Andy

I thought it was andy :thumbup:

Dont know what you have found andrew. I will try and remamber to have a look at a block tomoz.

Karl

Andy said:
Ok, I'll give that a bash, Andy. The number I found almost looked like part of the casting...

Andy and Karl - you were bang on the money! Thanks for your help!

I managed to spot the numbers stamped on where you described. The next challenge was reading it - unfortunately my daughter was asleep by then so I had to figure it out myself. :think: A bit of chalk rubbed over the numbers and then wetting the area made the numbers clearer!
Does 0136x6x (all numbers) sound about right to those of you familiar with your 80 series engine numbers? :lol:

Cheers,

Back