Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine oil change

fridayman

Garage
Last Thursday I noticed that the truck had a few more rattles than normal, but didn't think too much of it (it has its good days and less good days...). Then Friday morning I started it up and immediately it felt rougher than it has ever felt, with the dash trying to shake bits off. A 100 yards down the road the oil light flashed on briefly (about 1 second). So I pulled in at the next services and put in a litre of oil. Straight away it felt a bit better and within a mile it was even better. So Saturday morning I dropped the oil and put in a new filter and oil (from Toyota for £49). The old stuff was black as black can be, and was very runny - didn't look like any oil I've ever poured into anything...
It feels like a different truck now - even my wife commented on how it feels like it is purring compared to before :) So if yours is running a little rough, give some fresh oil and it might sort it.

How many miles had it done after the last change?

I just change mine every 5K, it never really sounds any better for it IMO.

I only bought it recently, but it was supposed to of have had a service about 7k ago. I'm not so sure about that last service now...

Service interval is 6k Miles, and I would try and keep to that.
If in doubt get it out.

Back